“Great place to stay! Near airport and Pentagon and Arlington Cemetary”

Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed there for 4 nights while on business. The employees were very friendly and helpful. They have breakfast Monday thru Friday. Scrambled eggs, waffles and toast available every morning. Not to impressed with meats, and never any bacon served. Monday thru Wednesday nights they served complimentary food. Not very impressive. Monday night was salad that included tossed salad and 3 pasta salads. Tuesday was barbeque. Unknown meat product with bbq sauce, yams and salad. Wednesday I passed. They also serve 3 complimentary glasses of either wine or beer per person M - W. Thursday night they served ice cream with toppings. That was nice. Hotel is very close to Pentagon City Mall, within walking distance and they offer free shuttle in and around Crystal City, as well as a free airport shuttle. Metro stop right by the mall allowing access to lots of other areas. Could see the Pentagon from my room. Room with king bed, big screen tv, desk and sofa and table with two chairs and a full kitchen. Didn't use the kitchen, but took a look and discovered it was fully stocked with pots and pans, silverware and plates, as well as linens, dishwasher, full fridge and stove top and microwave. All rooms are away from the elevator and I never heard any noise in the hallways. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Zespy

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I always enjoy staying at Residence Inns and this one fits right in! Excellent views of the Pentagon and Arlington Cemetery from the top floors. Walking distance to the Pentagon. Great hot breakfast. Rooms with full kitchens. My only complaint...there was one working elevator in a fully booked 20 story hotel - not idea - and it stayed broken for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Top floors have excellent views
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights: great employees, great service, good food. Breakfast and the evening socials were a bit hectic and chaotic but that was due to a lot of kids running around (Spring Break time). People were standing in lines for food, and it seemed a bit cramped in the food area, but there are a lot of tables for eating. Lots of military personnel since you're right across from the Pentagon (I loved that!) Nice shuttle van drivers too, and it's close to the Metro. I asked for a room with a Pentagon view and had a great view of that and DC. I'll stay here when I visit DC again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just got back from a spring break trip to D.C., we somehow lucked into staying at this wonderful place. We were doing a last minute trip and I googled :dc hotel near metro with indoor pool" and somehow found this Residence Inn, how lucky for us that it wasn't booked! The thing that stands out most among all of the great things: clean quiet room, great breakfast, managers reception (with beer and wine), indoor pool, big fridge in room, etc. was the extremely freindly staff. I can't imagine having to deal with that many people during the breakfast rush and stay sane, but the staff was not only sane, they were extremely friendly. I was telling my husband about my trip and how friendly the staff was, his comment was, "what do you expect, it is a marriott"... to which I can reply, this staff goes above and beyond what I would expect from a marriott owned property (and I do expect a lot from marriott)! Hat's off to the management that has obviously made friendly service a top priority, it is working!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank daytonlisa
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We arrived at this beautiful hotel and were greeted by a staff of the friendliest people ever. They all seem to really love their jobs. We went up to our room and WOW, it was so clean and inviting, it has a full kitchen and it's all updated. We sat on the bed and we were amazed at the comfort of the bed. (and yes, it was one of the best sleeps I've had in a long time) It was so nice I didn't want to leave the room. The next morning we went to get breakfast, it was awesome, they have everything you could want for breakfast. We enjoyed the waffles and bacon but they have all kinds of great food. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and I will let people I know how awesome this was. Thank you to all the staff at the Residence Inn, Pentagon City. I will be back!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cindy W
Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a wonderful visit my sisters and I had last month at this hotel! We have stayed at many Residence Inns around the country including two others in Arlington, and this one by far was the best! Yes, the location is great; the Pentagon City Mall and public transportation are right around the corner, but our stay was extra special due to the staff of this hotel - from the moment we walked in the door and met Mariam to our van rides with Ray and Yohannes to the wonderful breakfast staff to our check-out with Martha - each and every person treated us like royalty! Each and every staff member should be rewarded for their above and beyond the call of duty service to their guests. Forget being the number one hotel in Arlington; this hotel should be number one in America! We're going back in a couple of weeks, and we can't wait!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank GJFoster
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is great, and we will definitely go back. The only problem with the king suite is the fact that the bed is right next to the open bathroom, which has no door. So, the bright overhead light shines right on the bed in the middle of the night, waking the other person. Not romantic. Definitely bring a night light.

• Stayed: March 2013