“Clean, convenient, great value”

Courtyard Arlington Rosslyn
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Super convenient and an easy walk to the metro station, though a complementary shuttle is also provided. Very clean rooms and friendly staff. Some elevators undergoing maintenance, but not terribly inconvenient for our family, just a little wait. The kids enjoyed a quick swim in the quiet pool. Breakfast at the lobby bistro was very good, better than expected, and a terrific value since we opted to pay a little more for complementary breakfast. Bistro staff was fantastic, too. Plenty of additional restaurant options and a grocery store nearby. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly H
Fatima A, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Arlington Rosslyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thank you very much for all of your positive feedback. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel amenities and the location.

We look forward to having the pleasure of serving you and your family again!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

First, the elevators in the garage were not working. You would think they would put a sign up so I didn't have to wait 10 minutes to figure that out. This is a high security risk, because then I had to take some isolated stairs that led OUTSIDE the hotel. I then had to climb the steep hill from the garage to the hotel lobby. All the while dragging my suitcase and a laptop bag. When I mentioned it to the front desk, she was like "oh yea, the elevators are not working and you have to valet your car. Would have been nice to see a sign before driving down into the garage.

One of the elevators in the hotel lobby was also broken. So there was always a wait for the elevator and it is always crowded.

Got to my room, and the carpet is soaking wet. I put on some flip flops for the evening because it was late and I did not want to be disburbed.

The hotel is a Preferred Hotel my company uses in the DC area. I will not be staying here again and I will also report this to my company's Travel Manager.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Fatima A, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Arlington Rosslyn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

I regret that your stay with us was unsatisfactory and deeply apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the elevators. Due to the renovation of the elevators, we hired a valet service and no guest should have had access to the garage. I am assuming the garage was open because you went in after the valet. We did not have signs inside the garage because we did not expect any guest to have access . There is a sign that says valet only in the drive way. Please be assured that your concerns have been addressed so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Again, I apologize and hope you reconsider giving us another chance to regain your trust.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very convenient for sightseeing in DC. Only 3 blocks to the Metro stop and about a 10 minute, hassle free subway ride to the national mall. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. Only issue was that only 1 elevator was working.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank SpartyTraveler96

Thank you for talking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location, cleanliness of the hotel and the staff. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our elevators, they are currently undergoing modernization.
Hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My kids and I stayed at the Courtyard Rosslyn last week. We had a great stay! Here are a few reasons why we liked the hotel:

- It's in a great location. It is about 2 blocks from the Rosslyn Metro station. It is in a good location to drive around Arlington and get across the Key Bridge into the Georgetown Area of town. But of course, I'd recommend walking across the Key Bridge because it is lovely. There is a Starbucks on the next block as well as a Safeway and lots of restaurants within several blocks.

- It's a nice hotel! The lobby is clean and looks very nice and is comfortable. The guest rooms are in great condition. The beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms are clean.

- The housekeeping staff was wonderful - they arranged my kids' stuffed animals every day, which my kids loved. They kept the room clean and kept lots of clean towels ready for us.

- The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Every time we walked in they smiled and asked how our day was. They were super sweet to my kids. The valet parking guys were not nearly as friendly - not very good ambassadors for the hotel. Valet parking was required because work is being done in the parking garage. One evening both guest elevators were not working, but it wasn't a big deal because one of the staff was there to help us use the service elevator - she was lovely and was very fun about it all.

- The indoor pool was perfect for my kids to have a swim at the end of the day. Note that you can only go in the pool from 4-9 or 10pm - when there is a lifeguard there. That was no problem for us - the kids just wanted a chance to swim for a bit each day.

I would definitely stay there again! Thanks to the Courtyard Staff for being so wonderful.

Room Tip: I asked for a room in a quiet area of the hotel.
2  Thank Christina04
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family recently went on a road trip and this Courtyard was our third stop as we were visiting Washington, D.C. over the weekend. We got in late but the staff was super accommodating and friendly.

As far as the room goes, it was very clean and comfortable. If we're ever in the D.C. area again, we will certainly stay here!

1  Thank Joseph W
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had previously booked a different hotel for our 5 day stay and since it was so disgusting we started calling other hotels and thankfully we were able to find vacancy at this Courtyard. We stopped by very early of the day we were to check in just to see if we could park our vehicle on site during our day out and they allowed us to check in early. The free shuttle to restaurants nearby was wonderful, especially after walking and sightseeing all day. Beds were nice, rooms were nice and clean. Entire staff was wonderfully kind and professional. Only negatives is that the ice machine on our floor did not work for most of our stay, but was fixed on the last day and it would be nice to have a microwave in each room. Pool was very nice and warm, hot tub was the best! Would definitely stay there again!!

1  Thank Lindsay F
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice hotel, friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms. The main reason for a vacation traveler to stay here is that it's close to the Rosslyn Metro station (5-10 minute walk) but significantly cheaper than comparable hotels in the district. There's nothing going on nearby -- Rosslyn is mainly high-rise office buildings (and hotels), and the area sort of shuts down on nights and weekends -- so it's basically just a place to sleep while visiting DC, but it's more than adequate for that. There's a bistro in the lobby that's good for morning coffee and a bagel. And there's a grocery store and a pizza place close by, too, if you need them.