“Great Location for visiting Washington DC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Arlington Rosslyn

Courtyard Arlington Rosslyn
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Hicksville, New York
“Great Location for visiting Washington DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed for one night in late April. We arrived late on a Friday night after attending a Washington Nationals game - the hotel was only a 5 mile ride or so. Although we arrived after 10:00 pm, there was still quite a bit of life in the lobby. We were greeted promptly by the front desk arttendant - she made arranegments for me to purchase a coffee from the bistro tht was closing down.

We were very impressed by the rooms that were spacious and clean. We were scheduled to check out the next morning, but what impressed me most was some of the things that we didn;t take advantage of. This hotel is ideally situated for visiting DC. The hotel has a secure parking garage - a bargain at $8 a night. Two popular attractions - Arlington Cemetary and the Iwo Jima Memorial - are very close. Georgetown is an easy walk over the Key Bridge - all other Washington tourist attractions can easily be accessed by the Metrorail which has a stop just a few blocks from the hotel.

This hotel, being a Courtyard, does not offer some of the amenities that you will find in a full service Marriott (the Key Bridge Marriott is two blocks away). There are not a huge number of dining options within a one block radius (although there are plent of choices withing a few blocks). These things being said, if you are looking for a clean, comfortable reasonably priced hotel as a place from which to visit DC, you will not be disappointed with this hotel.

Room Tip: High rooms may offer views of Washington attractions
1 Thank Measuretwice8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

To me, this place was an average 3 start hotel. Nothing was wrong with it, it was clean, bed was comfortable, but there were a few things that would make me choose another hotel next time.
-Clorine smell overpowering the minute the doors open into the lobby. The hotel pool is located on the same floor and the entire 4 days I was there, everything I walked into the lobby I smelled the chlorine. The smell was not apparent on the other floors. Perhaps they should ventilate the pool a bit more.
-No hair dryer in the room and when I asked at the reception I was told there was one in the room. I know to look in strange places for hair dryers and I knew there wasn't one but it seemed like the receptionist didn't believe me. At least when I returned to the room at the end of the day there was a hair dryer.
-Returned one evening to construction on the floor and the door handle completely off my door with wood shavings on the floor on a mat and tools and door handles on my sink next to my personal items. I called the front desk to enquire about what was happening and why I hadn't been notified and again was told there was a note left in my room the previous day. Again, I know to look for things in the room and felt like the receptionist was again telling me how things were instead of providing customer service.

Perhaps this is a good place for families who want a cheaper option than staying in DC, but for business travellers or couples, I'd suggest choosing one of the many other options in the area or hope that their staff gets some improved Marriott customer service training.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed overnight a week ago. Very nice hotel with extremely comfortable beds. The location was perfect, right near the Metro and downtown DC. The room was good sized (family of 5). Walls are paper thin. We could hear the guy next to us coughing. Who knows what he heard from us! We found some ants in the room. If you're not a germaphobe like I am, this place won't disappoint. Bathrooms without sinks in them drive me nuts. Touching the door handle made me cringe. Checking out was inferential, as there is no documentation in the room. Nice hotel, will be back if in the area.

1 Thank kokua5
Hartford, Connecticut, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Overnight stay with a group. Very nice hotel - appears new or recently updated - sleek, well-appointed lobby and rooms, comfortable beds, spacious bathrooms with separate sink, nice breakfast area with reasonable breakfast menu and 'package'. Underground parking for fee. Staff very pleasant and professional. Did not use pool or other amenities due to short stay. Reasonable rates for nice hotel - would recommend.

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights and honestly could not fault it. It's a great location, close to the Rosslyn metro station that will see you in downtown DC in around 15 to 20 mins. Room was large, bed was huge and staff were very helpful. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I wanted to stay closer to the mall but the rates were outrageous and they charged a daily parking fee of 20-30 dollars. We decided to stay at the Rosslyn Courtyard which is very close to the Rosslyn station...1/2 mile walk and even closer to a Starbucks. The Metro took us everywhere we need to go so we did not use the car that much except to go to the Air and Space at Dulles. Rooms were fine (no views) beds were comfortable and staff was fine. WOuld recommend to families who are ok travelling the metro.

1 Thank aujmk
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here in early April for long weekend to DC with our two kids (9 and 10). Metro is within walking distance, and the hotel's shuttle will drop you off at a few locations as well. The hotel was nice, pool was good for the kids after a long day of walking. The breakfast deal is a little strange, we opted out of the "special". Great sushi restaurant for carryout behind the hotel, as well as a Dominos pizza.

Room Tip: If you are told there are no rooms with two beds, demand that they find one. Somehow, they do. ?
1 Thank AKDK