“Location, location, location”

Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
grand rapids mi
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel because of the reviews on tripadvisor. Heard from friends that traffic & parking was terrible in DC and to stay somewhere near a metro station. Hotel is a short 5-10 minute walk to the metro station. Downhill on the way there but a pretty steep incline on the way back. Several choices for dining in same walking area. We felt very safe walking around this area as well.
Hotel staff was very friendly upon check-in. Had a slight inconvenience in our room as when we opened the door, the floors were still wet and had fans running on them. I called the front desk from the room and within a couple of minutes someone was at our room handing us keys to another room and was very apologetic. They even gave us a upgrade for our inconvenience. Room was very clean and attractive. Only downside to the room was the bathroom was very tiny but this would not prevent us from staying again. Front desk staff was extrememly helpful in answering all our questions as we had never been in the area and wasn't really sure where to start. They informed us we could walk to the Iwo Jima Memorial and then to Arlington Cemetery but we ended up taking the free shuttle service that the hotel offered to the Iwo Jima Memorial which was a wise choice, it would have been quite a lengthy walk. It took us maybe 10-15 minutes to walk to the cemetery from there. I would recommend this hotel to others and if we ever make a trip to the area again we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
East Coast
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here for two nights while attending a family reunion/memorial service at Arlington National Cemetery. The location is perfect - close to the Metro and many, many restaurants. Everything clean and well-kept. Used the whirlpool - noted that there is a lifeguard on duty. There were only two things that I would criticise - one are the bath towels (picky, I know) but they were really scratchy. Towels in the pool area were better. Also, as other reviews have noted, the Bistro needs more help, especially at breakfast. Both mornings, there was quite a wait just to place an order, and anything that needed to be cooked took even longer. Don't expect to grab a bagel and coffee and go. The staff throughout the hotel is very friendly. We were able to check-in early, which was very much appreciated. I don't expect this to happen all the time, but when it does, it just makes the stay start out well. This is the second time our family has stayed in this hotel and both times have been very pleasant.

Room Tip: Clarendon side was reasonably quiet on the 4th floor. Some rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jayzeeDE
Philadelphia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This Courtyard is in a great location and very well appointed. Very clean, and has a perfect cafe with reasonable prices. The staff is friendly and not overbearing. If you like Courtyard Hotels (which I do), this a top-of-the-line Courtyard.

We had an incident with our door lock, that was frankly frustrating. What could have ruined our trip, actually impressed me the most about the hotel. The staff and particularly the manager (Sorry I forgot his name), did even more than I would have asked for to compensate for the issue. I have stayed at many hotels and you can see I have written several reviews, but this was the best customer service I have received anywhere. Book this hotel with confidence, they care about your satisfaction.

Couple of things that could have made this a five star stay - TV channels did not appear to be HD, and I couldn't get NBC at one point for the Caps v Rangers game (people were watching in the Lobby). Maintenance was changing posters on one of the elevators Sunday morning around check out time, which slowed things.

This hotel is a short walk from Ray's Hell Burger, which I strongly recommend a stop at.

Room Tip: You might want a lower floor to shorten your trip to the Lobby.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Just left a really good stay at this hotel. It was recently renovated, had a high level of cleanliness and had decent sized rooms with really helpful staff. Located really close to a Metro station, it took about twenty mins from leaving the hotel to get into Downtown DC.

I never used the fitness suite or swimming pool, so couldn't comment those, but we did check out the Bistro - it's not bad for breakfast, but nothing approaching a proper meal was available. Also, Rosslyn seems to be a business district, so there isn't much in the way of stores or places to eat in the immediate vacinity. As a base for DC however, this place is great for the money!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank adamsmart
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I hate paying for hotels and can't get myself to pay over $150 per night in any city so I work hard to find hidden gems and end up with alot of stinkers. But I found another one with the help of TripAdvisor. This hotel has obvioulsy had a facelift in the past 5 years and has everything a business traveler needs. It is about a 10 minute walk to the Rosslyn metro station. Three stops and you are at Metro Center and can connect to all the other lines. 5 stops from Reagan airport. Doesn't get much slicker than that. The walk to the metro station is all downhill when heading from the hotel to the station. Pretty steep up hill on the way back but the great thing is their is a hotel shuttle. If you don't feel like walking or you have luggage give them a call and they will be there in less than 10 minutes. The front desk people are so friendly and nice, especially Brittany. What an asset to the hotel she is. Always smiling and helpful.

The water pressure in the room is great, the bed is comfy and everything feels clean and new. The sink area is small so I don't know how it works for families but with a king bed for a single traveler it is great. And the best part is the free wi-fi in the room which is fast and did I mention it is free? Workout room has brand new treadmills and enough weights to get a great workout.

I haven't even finished my stay here and I know I will be back next time I am in DC, if I can get this one for a great price again.

Room Tip: No rooms have good views from what I know.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank stevesmobilepc1204
New Mexico
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My daughter and I had experienced the worst school trip planning to Washington DC! We had to spend a couple extra nights at a hotel...and when we checked in here, I was more than relieved. The rooms are nice, clean and the staff let me check in at 11:30 am (normal check in time is 3pm). The staff was really nice and the shuttles to/from Rosslyn metro station were prompt. We use public transportation in DC and it was easy to find a bus that went across the bridge to Georgetown. Hotel is across the street from a Starbucks...huge plus! I also really liked that there was a lifeguard on duty. I would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Vtwinke
Irving, Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Im not a frequent business traveller to DC. So on this trip I was looking for a reasonably priced property. There must of been something going on the week I was there. All hotel prices were through the roof. Then I found this Courtyard for around 200/nt. I was a little nervous.

It's a quick ride from DCA. Close acces to get to all the sites in DC. They even have a secure parking garage under the hotel. You don't see this too often at Courtyard properties. This is also one of the newer style Courtyards. Rooms are nice and modern and spacious. Also love the new cafe/bar concept. This is a sleeper property in the DC area for a great price. I had a rental car, but it looked like there was a subway stop close by. I'll be back here when my travels take me to DC

Stayed April 2012