“Great staff, great location”

Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The hotel is just five minutes from the metro stop, a grocery store and numerous restaurants. The staff is friendly and genuinely helpful. The three breakfast ladies, especially Maria and Ana Rosa, were great and the facilities man also very forthcoming. The rooms are a bit smaller than others in the chain but recently renovated.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Chari3

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was very pleased with the service and the staff, they are always ready to help in any way they can. The ketchen staff was great and the food always top of the line. the front counter staff and the maids where always there for what ever the problem was and you could depend on them to get any anwser you needed. My rating for this hotel would be 5 stars. Dave the front desk manager and all his staff are top of the line.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank James S
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here for 10 days while my wife was at a training class. I was so impressed by everyone who worked there. All the front desk staff were very helpful, and in the breakfast room, Maria was the bright spot of our morning. The food was extensive and excellent, but Maria made it that much better! Fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, ham, country potatoes, plus waffles, yogurt, fruit, and cereal and toast or muffins or bagels. The spread this hotel puts on for breakfast is amazing! It alone makes the stay worthwhile. The only thing I would have liked was a pool, but the health club is nicely equipped and convenient. The location is great, only 2 blocks from the subway station, which will take you anywhere in town. If you're going to be here for a week or more, get the 7 day unlimited pass, it's a lifesaver. Great hotel, great people, can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: If you're an elite member, you get the upper floors, which are quieter; try for the backside.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Glenn K
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel was fabulous! So clean, safe at all hours, close to the DC Metro, and the employees were so nice. Especially, Ana Rosa and Maria Alas in the breakfast room. The food was great. A must stay.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is a great hotel for families staying in the nation's Capitol. On top of its convenient location just blocks from the Metro, the staff, rooms, and amenities make it a tremendous place to stay. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet, mostly because of Maria and Anna, who treat every guest with warmth and hospitality that most top restaurant waiters can't match. Also, the Monday thru Wednesday evening happy hours are a great way to unwind after a busy day. We will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Upon arriving the 2 ladies at the front desk seemed to be going through the motions. They were very unfriendly and not very helpful. While my profile says high floor we were given a room on the 7th of 12 floor. After almost completing unpacking I went back to the lobby and asked why I wasn't offered a room on a higher floor, to which I was told there probably weren't any. I asked that they check, jus to humor me. After doing so there was in fact a room on the 12th floor. Asking why I wasn't given that one there was really no real answer just babble. We keep the room (we were here for 5 nights so the higher level would have offered a little better view) as we were almost unpacked, but these two need a serious attitude adjustment. Having stayed a Residence Inn in a number of cities I was quite surprised by the rather limited size of the 1-bedroom room. It was much smaller than any other I have stayed in. Also while talking to the GM about the above she advised this location has no rooms with king sized beds. Crazy! First time I've found this in the Residence Inns I've stayed in. The other people - from the housekeepers to the incredible folks in the dinning room were OUTSTANDING! The evening food (and we only made it there one night) was quite good - as was the option for good beer.
We probably won't be back here due to the front desk issue. Know you are no more than a 5 minute walk to the Rosslyn METRO station.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KennewickGuy
David B, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Mr. Guy,

First let me take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us recently at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Rosslyn. It's always a pleasure to serve our valued guests. Next I would love to use this medium to apologize to you and your family that your expectations were not met whilst you stayed at our beautiful property. You mentioned that your room request of a high floor was not given to you by our agents upon arrival. Unfortunately during the time of your stay, our hotel was experiencing an extremely high occupancy. The only room that was available at the time of your arrival was on the 7th floor. Our policy is to ensure that all of our guests are checked in expeditiously without having to wait on any particular room especially during high occupancy. I agree that you should have been told on arrival that the 12th floor room you were given afterward was not clean and available for you to check into.
Mr. Guy you also mentioned that you were disappointed with the size of our one bedroom suite and the fact that none of our rooms had King size beds. As mentioned to you by our GM in a previous conversation, all our rooms are furnished with queen size beds only and this is advertised on our Marriott website.
Thank you for mentioning that you were given excellent service by our housekeeping staff. We have conveyed this to them.
Once again we wish to thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn in Rosslyn. We appreciate all your feedbacks as this will assist us in ensuring that there will never be a recurrence of the nature.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed in a one bedroom suite for 5 nights. It was a bit smaller than we expected, but had everything we needed for our trip. My daughter slept on the pull out couch, reporting it was comfortable, but the refrigerator was quite noisy and hindered her sleep many times. We called maintenance twice but he was unable to stop the problem. Everyone was very friendly, especially Maria Alas in the breakfast buffet area. She was a warm smile every morning and breakfast was always wonderful. The hotel was very close to the Rosslyn Metro station and several restaurants, eliminating our need of a rental car expense. We also wished there was a pool, as we were very hot and tired after visiting the National Mall all day.