“Another great stay”

Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We are a family of five, including three kids ages 7 to 15. This is the second year in a row that we stayed here with a group of families attending the March for Life. (See my previous review.)

We were scheduled to arrive on a Tuesday, but when snow was forecast for DC, we decided to drive on Monday night instead, and by phone I changed our reservation to arrive Monday night. We arrived at around 12:30am. The check-in as super fast, and within minutes a roll-away and extra towels were delivered to our room. Very much appreciated when tired and traveling with kids!

The hotel is completing major renovations. They were doing a great job of minimizing the disruption to the guests. We had a renovated room, and it was are beautiful. The lobby and dining area also look great.

The hotel was very busy with families, many of them large families, for the March. Despite being full, they did an absolutely amazing job at keeping the breakfast re-filled. There might be no empty chairs, but the breakfast was constantly refilled. And, as soon as a seat became vacant, the staff was watching and quickly cleaned off the table. I was very impressed. There was an evening meal as well, also excellent.

They hotel staff was very friendly to the families and kids. They made us feel truly welcome.

The hotel is also very conveniently located only a short walk from the Rosslyn Metro Station.

We would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank family1991
Flavia S, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Residence Inn Rosslyn Guest,

Thank you so much for a positive review despite the fact that your stay was during our renovation. We are glad to report that our renovation has been completed and our 176 suites and public space are completely renovated. You are correct that our suites are very spacious and able to accommodate large families, especially our two bedroom/two bathroom suites. The staff does a great job trying to make our guests more comfortable and productive. We are glad we were able to take care of your needs. The snow is behind us and we are now enjoying spring temperatures.
We are looking forward to accommodating you and your family on your next trip to Arlington, VA.

Flavia Sampaio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Anadarko, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had a tiny bit of a problem finding the hotel because the streets are so confusing! But once we got there, I figured out the surrounding streets fairly well. When we checked-in, there was a problem with our form of payment. The desk clerk, Bethlehem, apparently ran our card a total of five times for the balance of our stay (we had made an online down-payment on the residence inn website). When she had trouble trying to run our card for the 4 nights of parking garage usage, we could see she was having a problem with the card and offered to pay cash for the parking garage. While this was going on, her manager asked her to ask us for another card to run, but she never did. We didn't find out about our card being charged five times until later that evening when I was reviewing charges from our cross country driving trip. The charges were not taken off my account until after I had completed my trip and had returned home. Even though the hotel was under construction at the time of our visit, it didn't add any inconvenience to our stay. The housekeeping staff was wonderful on the 3rd floor. We felt there was more than adequate room for a comfortable stay for four people. We loved the convenience of the grocery store just a block and a half away from the hotel. The beds were nice and comfortable. The breakfast was very good. There was always a great selection of hot and cold items. There was one curious moment at the beginning of our stay. There is a fire station just down the street from the hotel and we had heard the sirens a couple of times our first night there. When we heard one in the morning, I happened to look out the bedroom window and saw the fire engine stop in front of our hotel. I honestly can't remember if the fire alarms sounded but looking out the window the construction crew was gathered outside and looking up at the building. After the firefighters left (15 minutes), we never could get an answer until the end of our stay about WHY the engine had shown up in the first place. Apparently, someone on the construction crew had set off the alarm with whatever device he was working with. Even with the inconveniences, I think I would stay here again. I doubt the hotel will be under construction when I return to Virginia and we really liked the location of hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Garner, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

While the accommodations were very comfortable they pale in comparison to the service. I can not say enough about the service I received. Every staff member I spoke with was exceptionally warm, friendly, and helpful. From the cleaning staff we met in the hallway to the people working the breakfast they all seemed to have a high level of focus on my comfort and all seemed invested in my experience at their hotel. We did an early check in(12 noon) and apparently they were doing some work on the toilet in the bathroom. We mentioned it to the gentleman at the front desk on our way out to have lunch. He was genuinely concerned about the issue and said he would take care of it right away. The issue was resolved well before the 3:00 PM check in time.
The room was big and well appointed with a stove and full sized refrigerator. The only down side is that the bathroom was in the bedroom. So if you have a family and you are wanting some privacy that is not exactly going to work in the one bedroom.

The hotel had a daily breakfast that by hotel breakfast standards was actually very good. They had an assortment of hot food items in addition to the standards continental fare that included made to order waffles.
One of the best amenity the hotel offers is that it is an easy walk back after a day of sightseeing from the Metro. It is only about two blocks from a station with two separate lines running into the Smithsonian and monuments.

One other amenity that is very important in the DC area was free parking. They have a parking deck under the building that is secure at night.

On the whole I recommend this property very highly.

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a family and want a modicum of privacy get the two bedroom.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We chose the hotel out of my Marriott Rewards balance and the fact that it had more of an "Apartment" set up with kitchen and separate room. Even without points, the rate was phenomenal and the parking was the most reasonably priced in the area. The rooms are being renovated and we scored a brand new (renovated) room - excellent! The service was good and everything was in great order. The hotel is in a business section of town so it's not very busy at night (good for us, as we have little kids) and the metro is a very short walk away - probably 2 blcks. DC's Metro system is a matter of another review altogether but it was good enough to avoid driving during our stay - albeit we did walk a whole lot! I would highly recommend the hotel to those looking for a long stay or those with kids looking for a kitchen.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

If you don´t mind staying at a construction site with limited facilities and service, this is the place for you. I would have appreciated to have been informed about the renovation before I made and prepaid the stay.
The hotel is situated a 3 minutes walk from Rosslyn Metro Station and bus to Dulles Airport. A further 10 minutes will take you over the bridge to the restaurants and shops of Georgetown.
The rooms with full kitchen and work area are nice, but the rest of the hotel was a big mess. The very basic included breakfast is served in a small meeting room next to the reception. All served on paper and plastic ! The service in the reception was fine, when you could find somebody there. At check-in I had to wait for quite a while until somebody turned up a little surprised that there were guests wanting to check-in...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for about a month with my two cats. The location is amazing; it's walkable to Georgetown and has two metro lines to access DC and VA. I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and that they changed the food every morning. The evening receptions during the week were nice as well. I was a little disappointed with the kitchen stove since it didn't get hot enough for me to boil water. The cleaning staff was very nice and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I have recently realized that we now prefer to stay at Marriott hotels over any other. This hotel just adds to that line of thinking. Located in a quiet, safe area. Staff was quite friendly, check-in a breeze. Underground parking at $14/day - quite cheap for the area. The room was impeccably clean and comfortable. Located within a short walk to the Rosslyn Metro station. Also a Ruby Tuesday & Starbucks very close by. Marriott bed = always comfy. Signs were posted that the hotel is being renovated, but you'd never know it - we experienced no noise issues. We got a great deal on the room also at $79/night (booked Aug '13 for stay Dec '13) - which is an absolute steal. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple