“Excellent Was. DC stay with the kids” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn

Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
“Excellent Was. DC stay with the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We chose the hotel out of my Marriott Rewards balance and the fact that it had more of an "Apartment" set up with kitchen and separate room. Even without points, the rate was phenomenal and the parking was the most reasonably priced in the area. The rooms are being renovated and we scored a brand new (renovated) room - excellent! The service was good and everything was in great order. The hotel is in a business section of town so it's not very busy at night (good for us, as we have little kids) and the metro is a very short walk away - probably 2 blcks. DC's Metro system is a matter of another review altogether but it was good enough to avoid driving during our stay - albeit we did walk a whole lot! I would highly recommend the hotel to those looking for a long stay or those with kids looking for a kitchen.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

If you don´t mind staying at a construction site with limited facilities and service, this is the place for you. I would have appreciated to have been informed about the renovation before I made and prepaid the stay.
The hotel is situated a 3 minutes walk from Rosslyn Metro Station and bus to Dulles Airport. A further 10 minutes will take you over the bridge to the restaurants and shops of Georgetown.
The rooms with full kitchen and work area are nice, but the rest of the hotel was a big mess. The very basic included breakfast is served in a small meeting room next to the reception. All served on paper and plastic ! The service in the reception was fine, when you could find somebody there. At check-in I had to wait for quite a while until somebody turned up a little surprised that there were guests wanting to check-in...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for about a month with my two cats. The location is amazing; it's walkable to Georgetown and has two metro lines to access DC and VA. I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and that they changed the food every morning. The evening receptions during the week were nice as well. I was a little disappointed with the kitchen stove since it didn't get hot enough for me to boil water. The cleaning staff was very nice and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I have recently realized that we now prefer to stay at Marriott hotels over any other. This hotel just adds to that line of thinking. Located in a quiet, safe area. Staff was quite friendly, check-in a breeze. Underground parking at $14/day - quite cheap for the area. The room was impeccably clean and comfortable. Located within a short walk to the Rosslyn Metro station. Also a Ruby Tuesday & Starbucks very close by. Marriott bed = always comfy. Signs were posted that the hotel is being renovated, but you'd never know it - we experienced no noise issues. We got a great deal on the room also at $79/night (booked Aug '13 for stay Dec '13) - which is an absolute steal. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed for four nights to visit DC with the kids for the first time. This location was perfect. We parked the car at the hotel and took the subway into the city each day which was just a short walk from the hotel.
The room was comfortable and the breakfast buffet was a great way to start the day - one of the freshest and cleanest I've been to.
The front desk was very helpful and able to answer all of our questions. We would certain recommend and will stay here next time we visit DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Chris C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Besides the location which, COULD NOT BE BETTER ....All I have to say is that the place was super clean, and the staff was super nice, mostly the kitchen staff, I believe her name was Maria, she was so sweet and so pleasant that made us feel right at home (she even went to get us soy milk since we don't drink the other ones they had).... I would not hesitate to stay there again...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Valparaiso, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed here in October on Army Ten Miler weekend. I was thoroughly impressed with this hotel. The room (studio suite) was clean and spacious. The walk to the Metro is about five minutes (two blocks). This is the only Marriott property I've ever stayed at that gave a welcome gift for silver members. I didn't try the breakfast because I was at the race, but the breakfast room was warm and inviting.

The area is definitely a business area overall, but there are several restaurants on Wilson Ave as well as a Safeway and CVS. These could be useful for stocking the kitchen on a longer stay.

When I'm in the area I often need to be near the airport, but if I'm in town for longer than my one night airport stays this property will definitely be high on my list.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple