“Just OK”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We ate at Bailey's on our last trip in April. This was our first visit to Bailey's. First it seemed strange. In Ohio and many states restaurants are non smoking. Here the main room with the bar, pool tables and the real sports bar atmosphere was smoking. Non smoking was a side room. The food was OK with prices competitive to other similar restaurants in the area. Nothing special but not bad. There seemed to be a fairly good beer selection and they even had some Canadian beer which isn't always found south of the Mason Dixon line. The service was very good.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I read DebTrip's review and clearly she walked into the wrong side; didn't ask or didn't read. The smoking section to Bailey's is on the left and yes open seating, pool tables, lots of TVs and smoking etc. Non-smoking you go to the right; same open seating, lots of TVs, pool tables, ping pong etc. Food was very good, had the fish and chips. Typical bar food menu. Service was just a tad slow but we had a trainie at first. Plenty of TVs showing everyting; motor cross, two hockey games, golf LPGA, baseball and basketball. Now I'll be honest I'd prefer the Carpool a few blocks away, but no one under 21 in the evening; so we went to Bailey's and were quite pleased. Kids played ping pong and we enjoyed a couple of beers.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

To start, there is a great young staff - very enthusiastic and fun. Good value and really great Nachos - which was all we had. TV's all around and very comfortable seating. But we had to leave - they allow smoking at the bar which was open to the seating area - and believe me it was AWEFUL. Without the smoke I would have given this a much better rating. Just can't recommend this to any one because of the smoke.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I visited Bailey's Pub & Grille at 2010 Crystal Drive in Arlington, VA. (next to McCormick & Schmik's) On Tuesday nights during happy hour from 4-7pm, all draft beer is half-price ($2.00) Many different imported and domestic beers to choose from. The food is fairly pricey but good. I had the spicy hot wings and barbeque wings. The wings were small in size but very tasty. No special prices on appetizers. Apparently they make money on the food in order to charge low prices for the beer.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Went for lunch when on a business trip in a tower adjoining the mall. First thing you notice is the smell of cigarette smoke. They have a separate bar w/smoking & theoretically separate ventilation systems, but you can smell the smoke in the mall & in the dining room. It took 5 minutes from the time I sat down to order a drink & 10 minutes more to get it! Then the waitress told me if I got the same drink in another glass it would be half price. In the mean time my lunch shows up (at least that was fast). Fish & chips. Looked good on arrival ... 2 good sized pieces of fish. But it turned out they were 90% batter. I ended up stripping off the batter to get at the meager fish within. They also have several pool tables, darts, etc.... so it you smoke or want to hang out, shoot pool, etc., go for it. If you want better bar food go to Union Jack's at the other end of the mall.