“Go for the Cartoon Brunch!!!”
Review of Eat Bar - CLOSED

Eat Bar
Cuisines: American, Latin, Wine Bar
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I just had a wonderful brunch at Eat Bar. I may go back again next weekend. Eat Bar is the cozy bar side of Tallula with a nice list of available beer, wine and specialty cocktails. With classic cartoons playing on a large screen overhead, I had three of the best things I've ever ordered. They started us with a gift from the kitchen - small doughnut-like balls in a sauce I think was caramel. We shared an order (3) of small biscuits with shaved ham and (extremely mild) jalapeno jelly. My main course was the Crispy Pork Benedict, with a poached egg on top of a crispy patty of breaded and shredded pork - all sitting on top of Hollandaise sauce. I had a side of cheese grits that had the best flavor and texture of any grits I'd ever had. I'll be back to try their very interesting-sounding evening small plates menu as well. Service was excellent and parking was adjacent and convenient.

There are newer reviews for Eat Bar

Reviewed July 29, 2013

They have a nice bar menu. Something for everyone. The decor is very home like, with couches, upholstered chairs. little nitches for votive candles, giving it a very cozy & comfortable feel.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

An tapas experience but with American standards. The menu has some really interesting options. I loved every item with beets in it. The cassoulet, while not like anything I have ever seen in France, was good. The corn dogs were a miss for me but my mom loved them. I thought meat did not have any flavor. The drink are fun combinations. They were out of chicken and I wish they could have told us that when we ordered as our waitress came back twice to tell us the items were not available after we ordered them. Also thee lighting is really dim. My dad had a real hard time reading menu. We saw another 'senior' at another table have the same problem - bigger candles on the table might help. My dad did think he was at 'hip' place though because of that.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wonderful little place right off of interstate 395, and I do mean little. Make sure you get there early on Friday and Saturday night to get a seat. A very popular place with the locals and its adjacent to its "big-sister" restaurant, Tallula. Make sure you check out the sliders, bacon popcorn balls, and home-made scrapple with fried egg and tomato jelly.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Most friendly little neighborhood joints don't have decent food. Eat Bar has excellent and innovative small plates. A fabulous place to meet friends, or watch the game!