“interesting menu”

Cuisines: American, Latin, Wine Bar
Washington DC
“interesting menu”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

An tapas experience but with American standards. The menu has some really interesting options. I loved every item with beets in it. The cassoulet, while not like anything I have ever seen in France, was good. The corn dogs were a miss for me but my mom loved them. I thought meat did not have any flavor. The drink are fun combinations. They were out of chicken and I wish they could have told us that when we ordered as our waitress came back twice to tell us the items were not available after we ordered them. Also thee lighting is really dim. My dad had a real hard time reading menu. We saw another 'senior' at another table have the same problem - bigger candles on the table might help. My dad did think he was at 'hip' place though because of that.

• Visited December 2012

Greenville, South Carolina
“Large Beer List and Eclectic Menu”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wonderful little place right off of interstate 395, and I do mean little. Make sure you get there early on Friday and Saturday night to get a seat. A very popular place with the locals and its adjacent to its "big-sister" restaurant, Tallula. Make sure you check out the sliders, bacon popcorn balls, and home-made scrapple with fried egg and tomato jelly.

• Visited January 2013
Annandale, Virginia
“A neighborhood pub, with excellent food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Most friendly little neighborhood joints don't have decent food. Eat Bar has excellent and innovative small plates. A fabulous place to meet friends, or watch the game!

Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for lite meal and drinks”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was our first visit to Eat Bar and we will be back. Been to Tallula and Eat Bar captures what was really good when Tallula opened. Love the corn dog bites. The bacon popcorn balls were ok. Good happy hour on wine and beer. Nice place. Great service

Indianapolis, Indiana
“out of the box food”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

good tasting food and drink with a wide selection. They have adventurous food if you are willing to try it. Happy hour drinks are priced well, but food in general is on the expensive side since portions are so small. Our server was very busy and left us hanging, but another staff memeber came along and was very nice.

• Visited August 2012