“I said: "no tomato, please!"” 3 of 5 stars

Luna Grill And Diner
Ranked #376 of 836 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a local favorite place to enjoy Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Brunch. We focus on providing great food with great service for your enjoyment! Look us up on our website, Facebook, and twitter to see daily and weekly special menus and offers!
Arlington, Virginia
“I said: "no tomato, please!"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Luna Grill it's OK. They have a decent menu of Near East and Mediterranean cuisine to include vegetarian options. The bread and their desserts are good. Nothing is particularly outstanding in the menu, but it is a good place to stopover if the crazy and undecided companion you are with can't make her mind up on what sort of food she wants to eat. The service is at times dreadful and might severely tax your patience. The last I went there (I have been there before) the cooks and the servers seem to be a bit lost and disorganized. They kept forgetting exactly what I ordered, and the wrong food landed in the wrong table. Small details: I ordered a burger without tomato and with cheese, and I got one with tomato and no cheese. Bummer! Sometimes the busboys are in a hurry to bring you the check. Perhaps it was the draw of the day, or a bad luck day in the business; otherwise the food is OK, the ambiance was attractive, and the prices reasonable. The outside seating is a plus, granting it is not raining.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Rodrigo G

Pottstown
“Nice Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had breakfast at the Luna Grill and Diner. The wait staff was very attentive and the food was good. We had a larger group and most of the tables are for 2-4 people so our wait was a little longer than we would have liked.

Visited January 2013
McLean, Virginia
“Surprisingly disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I joined friends for lunch today and was surprisingly disappointed. One friend and I chose the Monte Christo which arrived luke warm and dry, ie, without the syrup. We had it returned and when it arrived back it was hot--but, alas, still dry My other friend did enjoy his mushroom omelette. Service was spotty and perhaps it was because it was a crowded Sunday afternoon. I did notice that the service improved (the waiter actually addressed whether I needed more iced tea) toward the end of the meal. I've been coming here for many years and I hope today was an exception and not part of the "new" rule.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank tudazwoman91
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Easy Place to Dine with Friends & Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

There were five people in our party and everyone enjoyed their respective dinner. We entered the restaurant about 7:30 on a weeknight and they were busy but not too noisy for us to converse. Service was quick and attentive, and the prices were quite reasonable.

The menu has more tasty-sounding options for vegetarians than it has to, which was a surprise given the "grill" part of their name. If we lived in the area we'd surely be back to try them. I've nothing against diners, but Luna Grill really felt nicer than one of those. It's got a broad menu like a diner, but the atmosphere is neither antique or pseudo-diner retro. It's genuinely good!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank EMKnowles
San Diego, California
“Not Sure What the Hype is About”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I went to Luna based on reviews I read online, but it seemed overrated to me. I went for brunch and wasn't blown away by the food. I think I got french toast (again, I don't even really remember what I ate - just that it wasn't that great) and my boyfriend got some type of omelette.

It was crowded and there was even a line, which are good signs that a restaurant has good food and is worth the wait, but Luna was just ok. Maybe I ordered the wrong food or my expectations were too high, but I was a little disappointed. The prices were pretty good though, so that's one plus.

• Visited September 2011