“Fascinating tour”

$90.00*
Washington DC Private City Tour
Ranked #8 of 107 things to do in Arlington
More attraction details
Owner description: The headquarters of the United States Department of Defense are housed in the massive Pentagon, whose five wedge-shaped sections represent the five branches of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

A friend of a friend gave us a tour of the pentagon - not just an office building. Particularly poignant is the 9-11 memorial.

1  Thank 374Stephanie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

But it was cool to get some background information. I have a relative that worked at the Pentagon, so most of what he said I already knew. It was great to see all the quilts they hung that people made in remembrance of 9-11, and the location that the plane impacted. It's like it's own little city in there. They have rules while you're there and you better adhere to them lol. Warning: If you purchase something in the gift shop like a souvenier plate, better make sure to take it out the box and check it. I pointed out one plate, and once I returned to STL and opened it there was another plate inside...quite hideous and something I'd NEVER pick out for myself. I did call and they will allow me to exchange it when I return, regardless of when that is. Of course, I need to have the receipt. No point in mailing it back, because I'll have to pay shipping for them to send me a replacement.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I believe to go inside you have to get a pass from your Congressman months in advance. Even if you don't have a pass the train take you right there and you can visit the Memorial

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I think the rigidity of the people in charge of the pentagon tours sucks. I had reserved a tour of the pentagon but my flight from NY got delayed because of rain, so I thought I would be able to join a later tour on the same day, but I was wrong. I got there 40 minutes late and when I explained the situation to the pentagon official, he said there was nothing he could do. Baiscally, I was penalized because my trip got delayed. Very unfair.

1  Thank yenny f
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Be sure to make a tour reservation. This can be done online. Do not arrive any earlier than a 1/2 hour before your tour because you will not be allowed to enter the building. The tour last about an hour & you walk about one mile. The tour guides were very good and pointed out many interesting facts. You do get to visit the 911 indoor chapel & memorial. Be sure to stop by the 9/11 Memorial outside which is about a 10 minute walk from the metro station.

2  Thank AP10