“Very fun and tasty, it was.”

Harer Messob Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #344 of 893 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

This was my first Ethiopian food. good prices, outdoor and indoor seating, and great tasting food made for a great meal. I didn't try the desserts or coffees, but they seemed to have a good variety. Waitress was patient and in good spirits, helping us pronounce and understand the menu items.

I plan to go again when I'm back in town, whenever that may be.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I ordered a vegetarian meal, my husband had meat, and we shared. One of my lentil dishes was especially tasty, spicy with maybe allspice. I tried the honey wine and found it to be much too sweet (Ethiopian beer was much better). The service was excellent, all our food was delicious, and the atmosphere was attractive.

1  Thank tnknitter
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have never eaten Ethiopian food so on our recent visit to Crystal City we took the plunge. I was pleasantly surprised at our meal. We had the vegetarian Sambussa (a bit like a samosa), Awaze Yebeg Tibs (spicy lamb stew) and the veggie combo which consisted of small portions of red and yellow lentils, chick peas, tomato salad, potato salad and cabbage salad. It was served on a huge platter with the veggies circling the lamb in the middle. All the food was resting on a bread which I can only describe as a huge pancake. The presentation was so colorful and the food was delicious. It had a bit of a kick if you like spiciness this is for you.

1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stumbled upon this small Ethiopian restaurant while at a local conference in Arlington Virginia. My wife and I enjoy Ethiopian cuisine but find it rather pricey for the usual amount of food served. No worries at Harar Mesob where we enjoyed a small but tasty lunch buffet. Several of the vegetables were probably out of a can; however, the preparation was excellent and the selection quite varied. Restaurants rarely have enough vegetables but on this day we enjoyed collard greens, green beans, and both red and green cabbage. They also offered a chicken and a beef dish for variety. Our server was pleasant and quite knowledgeable. The best part of the experience was the price - $8.95/person. Unfortunately, the buffet is available only during weekday hours. The lunch buffet is an excellent way for individuals to try out a delicious yet under appreciated world cuisine. We will make every effort to return in the future.

1  Thank AKISYOUNG
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Convenient walk from my hotel but they have off street parking which is a plus in this area. Ate an enexpensive dinner but the lunch looked like a even better bargain. My partner and I had the combination platter for two but next time weare going to bring a couple of friends to help us finish it off! The food was ver tasty and well presented. The services was quite helpful.