“Great Place to Eat for Annandale”
Review of Jukebox Diner

Jukebox Diner
Ranked #41 of 121 Restaurants in Annandale
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Nothing really to write about. The service is slow. The food is good but again, nothing worth noting. The prices are affordable for what you get. The service is just okay depending on who your server is.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

The food was decent - chicken parmesan sandwich had good sauce, toasted bread. The chicken was a bit on the small side. good fries. Yucky coleslaw.
Two things that really irritated me:
1. Chipped plastic water glass - do they rub then on gravel?
2. Someone started washing the floor while I was eating lunch! With a mop and a clorox solution. Disgusting.

1  Thank Anna U
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The jukebox and various posters inside this diner make for a pleasant environment. However, the several meals I have had here do not match the the "stars" I give to the comfortable surroundings and good service.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Diners are supposed to be slightly dingy, but not dirty. This is pushing the limit hard. The service is way 'what do you want' laid back unprofessional, so don't expect much. But the food came out hot and looked presentable.

Unfortunately the taste of the food was fairly off. I had a burger and it had that flavor of old suspect meat that you probably should throw out but you cook and eat anyway. You know the one, it's about 2 days past expiration date, freezer burnt, and you're like "I'll chance it because my stomach is strong and I'm made I'm wasting grocery's so I'll chance it." I'm not impressed when a restaurant does this, even a cheap diner.

And for the small amount of people in the place, service should have been much faster. Ie>never got a drink refill, etc.; never checked back after dropping off food

I won't rate it poor, because I ate the burger (desperate move) and didn't bring it to the server's attention. (because she wasn't around).

2  Thank WorldTraveler38
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We always look for dog-freindly places, this is one. I love the chicken shish-ka-bob. The rice is delicious and the veggies fresh. I like that they don't cook the tomatoes--I don' like them grilled. The liver and onions and soups are good too. Good go to place for homey food.

1  Thank CookWashingtonDC