“Reliably, consistently good”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Deli, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2017

Silverado is an old standby in downtown Annandale, which doesn't have much to offer in the way of special dining destinations. It is part of The Great American Restaurant group, which includes Mike's American Grill in Springfield and Artie's in Fairfax. Silverado pitches a southwestern theme, but the menu is not top heavy in that style. There are plenty of wonderful dishes, including fish,pasta, and ribs, that do not have Tex Mex flavors. I can honestly say I have never been disappointed in any dish there. The sides are varied; there are small plates and lighter fare. The service is attentive and the atmosphere is warm. Weekend evenings usually require a wait, so call ahead and get your name on the list. It has loyal area followers.

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

I love the lunch portion of the chicken fajitas. It's the right size portion for me. And the chips are fresh.

Reviewed January 17, 2017

We have dined at this neighborhood restaurant since it opened many years ago. The food is superb and the service is excellent. We have never had a bad meal. This is one of our favorite restaurants in our area. We dine here often. The restaurant gets very busy on Friday and Saturday night but they have a call ahead reservation policy. I would definitely recommend calling ahead. Also the prices are very reasonable for a first class restaurant in Northern Virginia.

Diane... Happy to dine at Silerado

Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

If you are a fan of the Great American Restaurants as I am, you will thoroughly love this little gem. It is tucked away in a small shopping center in Annandale VA. So, if you are willing to travel a bit longer you will experience typically a shorter wait but the same quality you come to expect.

I have been here a number of times sampling most of the menu. It's all great!

A few standouts for me are the fish specials, their Prime Rib (which I prefer blackened), and their Sunday Brunch menu.

The staff is always extremely friendly and professional. And should something ever go wrong with your experience, the staff is quick to remedy the situation. Incredible service!

I high recommend you give this place a try.

Reviewed December 3, 2016

In many visits to establishments in the Great American Restaurants chain over a decade and a half, bad experiences could be counted on one hand with fingers left over. Silverado had a rare slip on a recent visit, with a couple of dishes not coming up to par. Without asking and within minutes, the manager came by and apologized profusely, adjusting the bill and giving us a gift certificate to entice us back.

The return visit was Silverado's expected excellence, with perfectly-cooked food and an attentive check by the manager.

They are on top of their game. Love going there.