“Good late-night option”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We've dined here about a dozen times over the past few years. If it's midnight on a Friday and we just got out of the Tysons movie theatre and all the other area restaurants in our neighborhood are closed, Yechon's our go-to spot. What's also nice is Breeze Bakery Cafe is located right next door, so if it's open you can grab a coffee and dessert before heading home. Parking is a pain, especially if you go around 7 or 8pm. Don't get me wrong--you will still be looking for a spot at 10pm, but as the night goes on, it does get a little bit easier. When you enter and there's no seats, they'll give you a buzzer. We've never waited more than 10-15 minutes for a table. Service can be hit-or-miss, in particular when it's time to settle the bill. However, every table is outfitted with a service bell, so if you need anything, just ring that bell! If you come before 10pm or so, you'll see female servers in traditional hanbok; the late-night staff will always be male.

Yechon's main selling point is that it has a little bit of everything for everyone. Sometimes you're not feeling like KBBQ and you have that one friend who can't tolerate heat but is okay to eat sushi or teriyaki. I've had the bibimbap, sundubu, seafood pancake, a variety of the broiled fish dishes, sushi, as well as the KBBQ. As far as sundubu goes, Lighthouse Tofu is way better, but everything else is solid. When it comes to KBBQ, the portion size is small if you have a hearty appetite. If you want more meat, go to an All You Can Eat Place.

If you and your dining companions are super hungry and are indecisive, go with their special set menu. They have a few set menus, but the one we like to order is $45.95 (for 2 people) and includes sashimi, bulgolgi, spicy pan-fried squid, broiled mackerel, bean paste stew, and mixed rice/grains with dates and ginseng. Plus 2 bottles of beer! The KBBQ here is more expensive than other restaurants, with some dishes starting at $15.95, so the set menu is a real value.

The only thing I do not like here is the kimchi that is part of their banchan rotation. Their version is really sweet for some reason. Because of that, I have never ordered any kimchi-heavy entrees.

Bonus: they accept credit cards.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My co-workers have gone here twice because of great food! We all love the seafood pancake and the korean clear noodles with seafood. I usually get the Haemul Dolsot Bibimbap (Steamed rice topped served with pan fried seafood served in a hot bowl). I tried the Kimchi Dolsot Bibimbap but didn't get the satisfaction I had with Haemul.

This place is usually packed since it's open 24 hours. There's a lot of seating and is good for late night dinners.

They decent prices too especially during lunch time.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited over the Memorial Day Weekend on Sunday on the recommendation of a friend. We had heard it was pretty good and good portions. The location is easy to find, just one light east of I-495 Little River Turnpike exit...make the first left. The atmosphere is rather average..but still good overall. My wife, being Chinese, was greeted by the staff trying to speak Korean to her...I sort of got a kick out of that, and we were seated right away.

The menu is extensive and has Korean, Chinese and English language for easy translation (though why they translated HOT POT into CASSEROLE is beyond me....it's a traditional HOT POT and definitely not related in any way to a casserole. The menu is stacked with many great options so you can find something for just about anybody, and you can get the "cook at your own table" type Korean BBQ with 2+ orders, or just get one and it will be served sizzling hot to you. The waitresses were pleasant enough and took orders in a reasonable time...water arrived promptly.

As for the dishes we were served, the portions were ample, temperature was perfect and taste was simply fantastic. There were enough sides and variations for the three of us, including a 9yr old daughter who liked just about everything there. The steak BBQ, Yakisoba and soup were all scrumptious...one of the better spicy beef soups I've ever had, including overseas. I would surely return, and highly recommend for family and friends. Lunch menus looked like there were many options with reasonable prices, as was the rest of the menu..reasonably priced. I'll 100% go again!!! Open 24hrs too.

1  Thank jfwilder
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Been going to Yechon for years - it's our go-to spot for Korean food in Annandale. It measures up with any Korean food I've had, and I've lived in Seoul. The Banchan / side dishes are excellent, and the food is great. The Pajeon / pancake is Dwaeji Bulgogi are awesome.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my second time getting korean bbq and I found it a bit overwhelming (but that could just be me). The food and the service was very good, but we were put a pretty small table for four people. It was very busy, but we did not have to wait long for a table. We got a large soup to share and a few appetizers before the bbq. With the appetizers and the two types of meat, we may have over ordered a bit for four people. Overall, it was a good meal, despite being crammed at a smaller table.