“Nice change of pace from typical NoVA Pho Soup!”

Lighthouse Tofu Korean Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 119 Restaurants in Annandale
Cuisines: Korean
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Nice change of pace from typical NoVA Pho Soup!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We eat a lot of Pho Soup in Northern Virginia and we love it but yesterday I did not want something heavy and packed with noodles. I wanted something smooth and silky and boy did I find it! Lighthouse Tofu/Vit Goel had tasty and fast Korean tofu soup. The price for 2 people was under $30 and while their menu is not huge they have all the favorites like the kalbee, bulgolgi, tofu soup options at different temperatures, Korean pancakes, etc. I had the vegetable soup while my husband opted for the seafood soup. Both bowls came out bubbling hot and upon cooling off were really tasty. Our little one (19 months) loved the potato Korean pancake that we ordered and portions of our brown rice. The service was good and friendly and they offered us a loyalty card so we'd come back and earn points with each visit. I had a feeling that this would be the real deal when I looked around and saw that we were the only non-Korean diners in the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank beckar00

Massachusetts
“Really nice meal which was nicely spiced, well prepared, comfortable atmosphere and very good service!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our cousin's son took us to this Korean rest. It was clean, spacious and well attended. The food was great and very well prepared. Side dishes were plentiful. I ordered the soup spicy and it was not blow-u-away hot. In other words it was great! Other dishes also hit the mark, especially the pancake. I will go back whenever I am back in D.C; it does take about 30 minutes to get there. WELL WORTH THE SHORT DRIVE!

Woodbridge, Virginia
“A different take on Korean”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Our son and daughter in law took us to this restaurant's location in Centerville, VA. It goes by the name Vit Goel Tofu there, but also says Lighthouse Tofu in the window. It is a bit different from most Korean restaurants that we go to. The menu is limited and all of their soups contain LOTS of Tofu. My son and I both had the Spicy version of their Seafood Soup. It was severed sizzling in a small pot. The spice was just about what I consider the ultimate temperature and I was glad I didn't order it double spice. The soup came, as I said with lots of Tofu, which was a bit much for me. I think it could have had more bits of seafood in it and less tofu. There were two head on shrimp in the dish. Not being one for having my shrimp served head on I would probably not order this soup again. We also placed two orders for Beef Bulgogi and one of spicy pork. As an appetizer we all shared mandoo (Korean dumplings). The meals were served with rice and lots of Korean Vegetables, which they kept refilling as often as we asked. All in all the food was good but I've had much better at other Korean Restaurants in the Northern Virginia area.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank uscwest
Washington, DC
“Delicious Winter Meal”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I have visited Lighthouse Tofu many times in the past. It is always delicious. They have expanded their restaurant which allows for a less cramped feel while dining. Obviously their tofu soup is the specialty. It will warm you up on a cold winter day and depending how spicy it is keep you warm for quite awhile. Their kimchi is also tasty!

• Visited January 2013
“Not great service”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Good food but waiting like 20 minutes to take our orders while many tables were served.not that great service