“STINK BUGS”

Days Inn Alta Vista
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Altavista
Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I travel,I try to be at least as comfortable as I am at home-anyone that says this is a good place to stay is yanking your chain-this is the second worst place I have ever been,The worst being in South Boston super 8 which had a dog turd behind the chair.We stayed for two 5 day work weeks.The hotel across the road has a reputation for bedbugs,so we opted to stay here both weeks.The first week I noticed at the top of the stairs on Wednesday,in front of the vending machines,a stink bug,belly up.The following Monday,it was still there.My room had a Jack Daniels bottle on top of the TV stand(about 7 ft. in height)so covered in dust it was brown.The constant barrage of still living stink bugs made this place unbearable.The rooms were drafty and smelly(I am a smoker)and the carpet looked like someone had dragged a safe across it.Once again,don't be fooled, if anyone says this is a nice hotel,they probably live under a bridge somewhere.I call it like it is-I've got no reason not to.

Room Tip: Stay in Lynchburg-it's not that far.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nunnia biniss B
raj s, General Manager at Days Inn Alta Vista, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We want to apologize for your less that perfect stay with us while you were working in Altavista, Va. We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible while you are away from home. Let me say that we all have had our bought with the indestructable Stink Bug! While this is no excuse for having to endure this invasion we all feel that your stay should have been a pleasant one. We have addressed all the issues that you left on your review and sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again if you are in our area. Again please accept our heartfelt apology and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I don't know where the other reviewers were staying but it could not have possibly been here. I booked this hotel because it had better reviews than the other hotel in the small town. Upon arrival the first thing you notice is the overwhelming smell of cleaning product Next the front desk person could not find my reservation or perhaps he could not understand me. Then he said the computer was down. I should have walked out the but had already set up through an on line reservation site and did not want to be over or double charged.

I did not realize it but the clerk was writing down both my license information and credit card information in a notebook (because the computers were down he said). Once again I should have left but did not. I parked to the side and entered to through the back side door where I found two men standing outside talking while stacking stereo equipment. One man commented that the clerk in Altavista said he was charged for two computers but all he stole was one. I should have turned around and run but was too scared to go by them again.

Arriving at my king non smoking room the first thing I noticed was the large rip in the curtains. The next was the smell of smoke in the room and the lumpy sagging bed. I decided I was locked in the room hopefully safe for the night and will endure the bed as the linens look clean.

I decided to shower and found I had no towels in the bathroom. I asked a housekeeping person in the hallway and she quickly brought some. My first good experience.

There is no liner in the shower and the cloth curtain is worn so thin the water just poured onto the floor. I spent 30 minutes and all of my towels trying to clean up the water. The stay just gets worse and worse. I am concerned about someone running around with my debit card information-- I will cancel it tomorrow. I will not stay here again no matter what the need and if this hotel is better than the other one, I will not be staying in this town again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We want to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay at our Hotel. We were so sorry to hear that your stay was such an unpleasant experience. From time to time our system is unavailable due to maintainence and other technical issues, but let us assure you that your private information was destroyed as soon as the data was entered into the system. The room has been attended to including the replacement of the torn curtain, and the shower curtain as well. Please do not allow this one bad experience to deter you from staying with us in the future. Our goal is to make all accomodations as comfortable as possible while you are away from home. Again, please accept our heartfelt apology and we hope that you will reconsider your decision to stay with us the next time you visit Altavista, Va.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Absolutely love this hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room cleanliness first class. Would definately recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
raj s, General Manager at Days Inn Alta Vista, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thanks for a great review! We strive to make everyone's stay a pleasant one and hope you will return in the future. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for recommending our motel to your friends and family too. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

staff was friendly.The price was good for the area. Room was clean and comfortable.Older tv but had no problem watching it. Big selection for breakfast. Has some truck parking tight to get into. Will stay there again

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
raj s, Manager at Days Inn Alta Vista, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

We at Days Inn would like to thank you for your positive review on our hotel. Our staff''s goal is to make your stay a comfortable and pleasant one. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Adding to the other positive reviews, our experience here was excellent. Public area was nice. Our room was very clean, well-maintained, spacious and quiet. Front desk service was excellent and friendly, both at our late arrival and in the morning. Breakfast was served until 10 am, which is unusual, but good when not in such a hurry, and the breakfast area was well arranged.I would definitely stay there again. No need to look further.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We here at Days Inn would like to extend our gratitude for your positive review. Our goal is to make your stay a pleasant one and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We arrived late night at this hotel. we were tired after a long trip from SC. My room was comfortable and well-appointed. very helpful hotel staff, when we came for the breakfast in the morning the person behind the desk was very helpful in suggesting us some tips also we asked for late check out and we got one rite away no questions asked. This hotel was recommended to me by one of my friend who stays here on business. we loved it. too bad we were not able to stay here longer... will be back ..... thanks

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altavista
Quality Suites Altavista - Lynchburg South
#10 of 23 in Lynchburg
Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Holiday Inn Lynchburg
#13 of 23 in Lynchburg

Been to Days Inn Alta Vista? Share your experiences!