“A Really Good Place to Eat!!”
Review of Overwood - CLOSED

Overwood
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Overwoods is a really good restaurant!! Their menu has a wide selection, seafood, steaks, chops, salads, and much more. The food is very well prepared, and the service is great. Every thing that we've ordered has been delicious! The only negative is that parking can be quite a challenge! I'd highly recommend it!!

There are newer reviews for Overwood

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have been at Overwood several times for lunch or dinner. I love their ahi tuna salad and the Thai shrimp salad. It is enough for two lunches...or a big dinner! Their fish is usually good and the meat is made the way you want it! We have always gotten good service there. The wine list is good, and the prices arent bad. We where there Friday May 17 th, party of 6 and all where pleased :) We know that when we eat there we get good food and good service.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

One of my favorites in Old Town Alexandria. It's an easy walk from the King Street strip, and just a few blocks away from Alexandria's growing Potomac River promenade. I had a succulently prepared salmon there this weekend, and a couple of months ago enjoyed a pumpkin ravioli special that was to die for.

The service is terrific, the dining room is sizable, and the atmosphere is open and warm.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Off on a side street from King St. this is a great option for good food and excellent service. A lunch special is always ready to entice . Solid meat and pasta offerings are also available. Sunday brunch is well worth exploring.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a great little restaurant, off the beaten tourist path, and frequented by locals. I have been here twice and will certainly go back again. Last evening I had the amazingly good Thai shrimp salad; not something I would normally order, but decided to be adventurous. It was excellent - the shrimp were limited (4), but were very large; just the right amount. I did ask that the dressing be on the side, but that did not happen. However, it was fine, as the amount of dressing mixed into the salad was perfect. Our waiter, Ford, was excellent - great service, very pleasant, and good at providing suggestions about the menu. My friends had the Monday night steak special, which they seemed to like, but I really am glad I ordered the salad. Can't wait to have it again!