“Great specials!”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Very good and very busy! Great specials w tasty sauces! Good service too. The only bad thing we had was the soggy edamame!! We will be back - but no more edamame!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 14, 2019

Momo is my favorite sushi restaurant. Not only because I am lucky enough to live nearby, but their sushi and sashimi is delicious. Their sashimi is fresh and the slices are generous. The Fire Crunch Roll is a favorite. It can get jammed at dinnertime, especially on the weekends. Try to go before or after a meal rush or on a week night. Consistently fabulous. Never has disappointed.

If you are in Old Town visiting, Momo is a few blocks off of the main drag of King Street and a couple of blocks up from the river. Easy walk from King street.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 20, 2019

I literally ached for sushi one evening after business meetings. I needed something fresh yet light on the stomach. My body called for protein, and not the four-legged kind. The TripAdvisor app showed Momo only a five-minute walk from my hotel, so off I went in search of satisfaction.

I arrived right about 6 PM, a kind of in-between time for most restaurants in Alexandria. The dinner crowds would show up soon. The sushi bar was empty, so I gladly accepted a seat. Chef Sam and his assistant worked in a rhythm to deliver the best quality fish in style. I had a front-row seat.

I ordered tako (octopus), yellowfin belly, tuna belly, and shrimp nigiri style, and a special snapper as sashimi. The miso soup was tasty and energizing. A Sapporo beer complemented the lot of flavors and textures. For less than $40, you can feast like an emperor. Smiles and great service add up to a winning combination when you're jonesing for some Japanese hospitality in Alexandria.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

Went with my wife and a friend. Fresh sushi, friendly service, nice atmosphere and not too loud, which is so unusual these days. The warm sake was also very soothing. Enjoyed ourselves and we’ll be back.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

This place used to rock. Ahh, I miss those days. Maybe it was a bad day — for me AND the sushi chef — but this was not great sushi.

I ordered the salmon nigiri, tuna roll, and shrimp and vegetable tempura. The salmon nigiri wasn’t bad, but the roll on the rice could have been better. The nigiri fell apart on contact with my mix of soy sauce and wasabi, which suggests to me he rinsed away too much of the starch for a good mind. The tuna was two days maximum from going bad. At least one piece looked so unattractive that I couldn’t eat it. The tempura had a good first bite, with the right slight crunch, but left a puddle of oil on my plate. It needed more draining.

Finally, the service could have been better. I was robotic and not very inviting.

Date of visit: January 2019