“Best sushi in Old Town”

Neighborhood: Old Town
Alexandria, Virginia
“Best sushi in Old Town”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

After trying the other selections in old town, this is by far the best. The atmosphere is nice, but slightly cramped downstairs (have not been upstairs yet). Everything tasted fresh, friendly staff and quick service.

• Visited September 2012

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Good Sushi for DC area”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Not the best sushi in the world, but worth a visit if you live in the area. Of course, this is the DC area, so expectations are lower than a restaurant in Japan. Cramp seating on the first floor, so ask to sit upstairs if you want more space--note: they do not accept reservations. My group tried the sushi, tempura, teriyaki and yakisoba--the plates were empty at the end of dinner. A bit pricey for sushi, but again the cost reflects the location.

Manassas, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was recommended by a friend of a friend. We had never heard of it, but gave it a shot and I am very glad we did. Although small and close quarters, the food was top notch. The service was good and the price was great. I would recommend this for anyone who enjoys sushi.

maryland
“Momo Sushi”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I chose this restaurant because my friend is a sushi eater and Tripadvisor said that this is the best place in Alexandria for sushi. I don't eat sushi, but a review of Momo's website showed that they had other dishes that I could eat, so I gave it a shot. My friend enjoyed the dinner - me, not so much. It wasn't that the meal (shrimp yakisoba?/small salad, miso soup) was bad, it just wasn't something that I'd want to have again. The veggies in the yakisoba were too chunky and too crunchy (yeah, I know that's the best way to prepare them, but I like my veggies just a tad bit softer). The dressing on the salad (small bowl of lettuce) tasted like teriyaki, which I don't particularly like, and the miso soup...

The restaurant is pretty small and cramped, with a few seats downstairs and a few seats upstairs. The "kitchen" and seating areas are all right there together, so I left smelling like the oil used for frying. The service was very good. The staff was very pleasant. The cost of two dinners didn't leave me turning my pockets inside out.

This really isn't a bad place, it just isn't the type of food I like. The first sushi dish that my friend had looked appetizing and he ended up ordering another sushi dish, so I guess the sushi is top notch. I saw many other dishes coming out that looked really pretty. Don't go by my review. Other sushi eaters who highly rate this place probably aren't wrong.

• Visited August 2012
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed a delicious sushi dinner at Momo Sushi last week. The restaurant is casual but the food and service were excellent. Strongly recommend!