“The food was good, the service was great and the kids room was amazing.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradiso Ristorante Italiano

Paradiso Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #179 of 748 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Paradiso Ristorante has been part of Alexandria's culture for over 20 years. We have had the pleasure of cooking for thousands of friends and families over the years and hope to continue the tradition for a long time to come. We are a family run restaurant and enjoy cooking recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. The unique services and meals Paradiso provides are the pillars to the restaurants success. Tony and Julia Amato have been passionate about providing the community with an extraordinary Italian meal and a one of a kind dining experience. With services like their Supervised Children's Dining Area, their reputable and astounding Sunday Brunch, professional Catering services and a Lounge that features live bands with no cover charge, it's not hard to believe they have clients who have been dining with them for the 20+ years they've been open. From the staff to the exceptional decor, Paradiso is a restaurant for everyone. Ourdining room setting always feels serene no matter how crowded it gets. The design is eclectic and comfortable, with an air of elegance. Partitioned into a few small rooms, the place provides a homey atmosphere no matter where you sit. Paradiso's interior - natural barn wood, stain glass windows, portraits, topical paintings and posters, elegant mirrors and soft lighting - is an appropriate one for an Italian restaurant whose food is extraordinarily delicious. If you've dined with us recently, we hope to see you again soon! If you've never dined with us before, come give us a try! We guarantee you leave with a satisfied belly and a smile on your face...It's the only way to leave an Italian kitchen. From our family to yours...Buon Appetito!
St. Augustine, Florida
“The food was good, the service was great and the kids room was amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have been to Paradiso a number of times because our friends gather there for Karioke on Sunday night. I've had their fabulous desserts at that time but never really had dinner. We decided to give dinner a go last night and we were pleasently surprised. The food was very good. Not the best meal I've ever had but way up there nonetheless. The service was great. The bread with an olive oil pesto dipping sauce came first. Very generous amounts of the sauce and lots of basil and parm cheese in the sauce. It was yummy. Our waiter, (I think his name was Chris or Christian) was attentive, pleasent and knowledgeable. My hubbys fettuini alfredo with shrimp was yummy - I took a bite. The alfredo sauce was creamy and really tasty - definitely homemade, not premade from a food service company which is the norm at a lot of places.. I had Carciofi, a veal dish which was like veal picatta with artichoke hearts. It was excellent, too. The only change I would have made was mine came with a side of pasta with marinara sauce - I didn't realize the pasta came with it or I would have asked for the pasta plain and used it to sop up the lovely lemon sauce that came with the veal dish.

We live in Florida and spend summers in Northern Virginia. It's hard to find good, family owned restaurants near where we live in Florida so we enjoy the wonderful restaurants in the Northern Virginia area. We will be going back to Florida soon but as soon as we get back up here next Spring we will definitely head up to Paradiso again for some wonderful food.

We are an older couple and really don't care to have lots of screaming children next to us as we dine. I know that sounds harsh to folks with young children but we don't always find your children as adorable and cute, smart, etc. as you do. That said, this is the perfect place for families with children. Paradiso has a room set aside for kids! There are child size tables and chairs, a television, a drink refill station with what looked like punch and I'm sure other drinks. The kids can order from the childrens menu - there is a member of the wait staff assigned to this room and works exclusively with the children - helping them, getting refills, taking care of spills, etc. The kids looked to be having a great time while mom and dad were able to have a nice dinner alone for a change without having to hire a babysitter. What an awesome idea.
We were seated not too far from the kids area and I didn't even know it was there till my hubby pointed it out.

Alexandria
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Tried this place on a whim and I was happy with all aspects of my dining experience.

For starters the host and our server were both fantastic. They were accommodating to my friends many requests and knowledgeable and confident regarding my food questions and their recommendations.

The garlic knots and rolls are the best I've had. The bread is warm, fluffy, flavorful and comes with a pesto, oil and Parmesan cheese dipping sauce. Amazing. I even had some bread and sauce to go.

The sampler appetizer was quite generous and not very expensive. I typically eat in Arlington/N. Alexandria and DC so the prices were decent comparatively.

The manicotti was so cheesy and perfectly cooked. I loved it and again, hefty portion. The carbonara was also delicious, flavorful and not dry.

I had the cream puff dessert and it was great. Ill definitely drive the 25 minutes to eat at this place again.

Navarre, Florida
“Good local option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife & I went to Paradiso on a Friday nite to have dinner with a friend. There was plenty of parking, and it was being well used as the place was very busy at 7:30 on a Friday evening. There were plenty of larger parties and families with kids, so if you are one of those people who like to dine in a church-like environment and turn your nose up at little ones, maybe this isn't for you. That doesn't bother us at all, so the lively atmosphere was fine with us. The interior was a little dated, but we were not looking for a pinkie drinking experience. Service was prompt and friendly, and the server knew a lot about the menu and was able to answer questions about the regular menu and the specials. We started with a bottle of wine and calamari, which was well prepared. My wife had the swordfish special, our friend had the a pasta special. I had the eggplant parm. All of the dishes were delicious and well done. For dessert we split a tiramisu, which the server explained was made on site. The restaurant also has a bar with a large beer selection, although we didn't try any. They have a pizza station with a brick pizza oven and a fairly large selection. Again, we didn't have any but the pizza I saw come out looked darn good. In the end the bill was $95 including tip and an additional glass of wine. We will go back....

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I haven't been to Paradiso for a while and decided to give it a try.
To begin with, they have the "Baby Amarone" wine that is just to die for at a great price, and although we met for dinner, we decided to have appetizers instead and ordered the mussels in garlic sauce, calamari, and small pizza margarita.
The mussels and calamari tasted great and the waiter was spacing out the timing of serving all the food and I think he got our pizza order wrong......it turned out to just be a plain pizza, BUT it tasted very good. Next time I go, I'm going to get the Margarita Pizza!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank corkscrewd
Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PIZZA AND BEER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Pizza was great cooked in a real stone fired oven. You can see the oven from the bar. Also lots of different beers to choose from over 160+ bottles and tons of drafts there is something for everyone. The restaurant uses fresh ingredients on their pizzas and it is definitely noticed! Would definitely recommend

Visited June 2013