WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“Nice place, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

Stayed here for training class with 4 co-workers. We all thought our rooms were nice and liked the location. 10 minute walk to King st with many historical sites along the way. Only complaint was no free wifi in your room. Only available in lobby area.

Green Features: For every day you choose not to have your room cleaned, you received a $5 credit at the restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and our great location in particular the proximity to Old Town and the great shopping and Many restaurants on King Street.
I trust you will visit again when your travels bring you back to Northern Virginia.
Alfred Matter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

I selected the Sheraton because of its location near to my daughter's new home. I flew in from California for a week to babysit while my daughter and her husband get the house ready for move in.
The suite I have is perfect. The Sheraton brought me the crib I requested. The room has fridge, microwave and bedroom doors that allow my grandson to nap and I'm in the living room.
The hotel also has free laundry, free breakfast and evening snacks if you are on the 10th floor "suites".
I would definitely stay again. All the staff is friendly and professional.
I booked through hotels.com, but didn't feel they gave me the worst room and service. I'm pleasantly pleased and would recommend this room, with it's sofa bed in living room, large enough for a couple and two children.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for rating us on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to learn that you are a big fan of the hotel.It is great to have grandma help with moving and I am sure you will visit Old Town Alexandria often and if the daughters home gets too crowded, please come back to see us.
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Fantastic lobby, great staff. Nice courtyard to relax in, right outside the lobby.

Elevators a bit small but there are two. We didn't have any problems with wait time or crowded elevators during our stay.

The suite is comfortable. We had a king bed in bedroom and a pull-out couch in the living room. Four big comfy pillows on the bed and two smaller ones in closet. There is also a flat screen telly in the bedroom along with a full-sized dresser and two night stands (each with a lamp).

The bedroom closes off from the living room with French doors.

There in the living room area are: a flat screen telly, a coffee maker (and complimentary Starbucks coffee), a safe, a microwave, and a "cooling refrigerator". The cooling refrigerator says it will keep things cool but not cold. We turned it up to the highest setting and it kept our cold foods (produce, drinks) very nicely.

There is a hair dryer in the bathroom. And we liked that the tissue in the tissue box was SOFT and didn't run out too soon. :)

There are many restaurants, a few supermarkets (Trader Joe's and Giant), and a Starbucks within walking distance of the hotel.

We didn't get a chance to try the hotel restaurant but the hotel will give you $5 coupons each morning (except for your last morning) in "green coupons" towards food service if you decline service for your room.

Parking is available on the street in lieu of paying for garage parking. Just be careful of the street signs. Some of the streets only allow two- or three-hour parking in a 24-hour period.

There is a lighted tennis court on the next block behind the hotel. Not sure if it needs reserving.

The waterfront is within walking distance (two or three blocks) and a LOT of other tourist attractions (DC museums, memorials, etc.) are within 10 miles and can be gotten to on the metro trains.

The neighborhood feels safe. We walked it at night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Good morning Ell D,
thank you for completing a survey on TripAdvisor. I was glad to learn that you are a fan of the hotel and the many amenities we have to offer. Our location is indeed great with the proximity to the Potomac River, easy walking distance to many restaurants and stores including the convenience of a couple grocery stores.
I trust you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.
Alfred J. Matter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for about 3 months. The room is always clean, and the employees are very friendly and helpful. They always work on my request immediately. I remembered I forgot my suite case at their Club Lounge. The worker there found it, and the front desk also called me to pick it up. All my important stuff including my wallet and laptop were all returned untouched. They saved my day. In addition, the hotel manager also likes to spend the time to talk and help the customers. Overall this hotel is the best hotel I visited. I will always go back if I have a project in DC area. Again, I have made my best choice to stay at this hotel.

Jeff

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Good morning Jeff,
thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. I am glad that you continue to enjoy our property and we are looking forward to your continued support.
It is always nice to hear from a fan of our property and the excellent staff we have.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

This hotel was very well-priced and attractive to me when I stayed in Alexandria. It is a fair walk from the heart of town but is located in a quiet area and close to the Potomac. It is a rather compact but cosy hotel. The front desk service was always good and the rooms impeccably clean. The in-room coffee maker came with Starbucks coffee sachets and that was pretty cool. The downside is that I didn't get a good view (it goes with the price I guess) and the bathrooms are showing their age a little. I would still recommend this hotel because it offers excellent value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for completing a survey on TripAdvisor. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our residential location in particular. I appreciate that you recognized our excellent Front Desk Staff.
Unfortunately it is not possible to get a great view from all 247 rooms, please contact me for your next visit and I will try my very best to get you a room with a great view.
amatter@sheratonalexandria.com
Redstone, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Sheraton Suites hotel was a nice, clean hotel with very friendly employees, especially Ekram. She greeted us each time we returned at night with a warm smile. She was very helpful and knowledgeable. The hotel is several blocks away from a main street, so it was quiet at night.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the hallway, so it was very quiet.
Green Features: We typically do not require fresh towels and linens every day and we were rewarded for not asking for daily service. How cool is that?!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and in particular the excellent service provided by Ekram.
I trust you will stay with us again in the near future when your travels bring you back to old Town Alexandria.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

First let me say - there was no free breakfast as they advertized and parking was convenient - but $28 a day, NO FREE Internet - $12/day - even in the lobby. AND there is no free cancellation of the reservation once you make it! When I talked to the gentleman at the front desk when we checked in he stated "we did not purchase that type of room" - if it was listed, I sure did not see it. Anyway, the room was a suite - TV, couch, microwave, bar sink, small frige, chair, nothing fancy but ok. Double doors leading into the bedroom - king size bed very soft mattress, tv and closet. It was "pretty" but wall paper was peeling in several places. All in all - we enjoyed our stay in spite of the hotel. Maids on our floor were very noisy in the early morning - I had to go out and ask them to be quiet. The breakfast was on special for $13 - which was nothing spectular in the way of a buffet but did include the coffe and juice. Not my first choice in places to stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on TripAdvisor. Our lowest available rate is a non-refundable rate that offers savings for people that absolutely know that they will not change their plans. I am sorry that there was some confusion. Our parking rates and internet rates are posted on our website, being in an urban area with very limited street parking it is very customary by all urban hotels to charge for parking.
Please accept my apology for the wall paper condition in your room, I will try to identify the room you were in and look at any needed repairs to the wall paper. I hope you change your mind and take advantage of our great location and great staff when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.