Fantastic lobby, great staff. Nice courtyard to relax in, right outside the lobby.
Elevators a bit small but there are two. We didn't have any problems with wait time or crowded elevators during our stay.
The suite is comfortable. We had a king bed in bedroom and a pull-out couch in the living room. Four big comfy pillows on the bed and two smaller ones in closet. There is also a flat screen telly in the bedroom along with a full-sized dresser and two night stands (each with a lamp).
The bedroom closes off from the living room with French doors.
There in the living room area are: a flat screen telly, a coffee maker (and complimentary Starbucks coffee), a safe, a microwave, and a "cooling refrigerator". The cooling refrigerator says it will keep things cool but not cold. We turned it up to the highest setting and it kept our cold foods (produce, drinks) very nicely.
There is a hair dryer in the bathroom. And we liked that the tissue in the tissue box was SOFT and didn't run out too soon. :)
There are many restaurants, a few supermarkets (Trader Joe's and Giant), and a Starbucks within walking distance of the hotel.
We didn't get a chance to try the hotel restaurant but the hotel will give you $5 coupons each morning (except for your last morning) in "green coupons" towards food service if you decline service for your room.
Parking is available on the street in lieu of paying for garage parking. Just be careful of the street signs. Some of the streets only allow two- or three-hour parking in a 24-hour period.
There is a lighted tennis court on the next block behind the hotel. Not sure if it needs reserving.
The waterfront is within walking distance (two or three blocks) and a LOT of other tourist attractions (DC museums, memorials, etc.) are within 10 miles and can be gotten to on the metro trains.
The neighborhood feels safe. We walked it at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria is an all-suites hotel ideal for family vacations. We're near Washington, D.C., Ronald Reagan National Airport, the Potomac, the Pentagon, Mount Vernon, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Starwood so you can book your Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Sheraton Hotel Old Town Alexandria
- Alexandria Sheraton
- Sheraton Suite Old Town Alexandria
- Sheraton Alexandria