All reviewsfrench doorsthe club loungeharris teeterking streetold townroyal restauranttrader joesbraddock roadacross the streetfront desk staffairport shuttlenice suiteliving roomsuite hotelpool and hot tubstreet parkingshuttle service
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Average Hotel booked thru a travelzoo deal which included breakfast for about $120 tax in. Hotel itself was relatively clean, easy to find and decent location (25 mins) for DC touring. We had ants in the corner of the room and advised management who apologized, sprayed and offered a cheese plate. Next day upon return, same issue, after some discussion Management offered 1 night free for inconvennience. A bit disappointed as I've stayed numerous nights at Sheraton this year and this was the most issues I've had. Front desk staff seemed a bit clueless and not very helpful, Mgmt was much better. Pool is good size for kids to play around in. Buffet breakfast was good. Parking is ok but pricey at $25/day.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on second floor, where pool is located much traffic and constant chlorine smell.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ccozza
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for completing a survey on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apologies for the ants in your room, unfortunately they can find their way indoors true the smallest gap.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service and to show you that your experience was the exception, not the norm.
Alfred J. Matter

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stay at this Sheraton when visiting friends in he Old Town area. It's well kept, clean and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are all small suites which affords you the nice option to spread out and relax. They have a shuttle which goes to National airport/and metro which makes it convenient and you don't need a car.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael G

Good morning,
thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on TripAdvisor. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular our friendly staff and the convenience of our shuttle.
I hope to see you again in the near future when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were going to be in DC for a week's vacation, so we were looking for a hotel that had a suite with a door separating the bedroom and living room, and offered a full breakfast. This hotel had both at a reasonable price. The rooms were comfortable and nicely furnished, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the location couldn't have been better--within walking distance to the Old Town historic district and waterfront, and a 10-minute shuttle drive to the airport and metro. We usually stay at other hotel chains, but this one far exceeded our expectations. We will definitely stay at Sheraton Suites again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the courtyard, and not far from the elevator. We thought it might be noisy, but it wasn't. The hotel has good sound insulation.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Alison K
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Good morning,
thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I was delighted to learn that you are a new fan of the Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria.
I agree that we have an ideal location for access to Old Town, the beautiful Potomac river front and that a trip into DC is made easy my our shuttle service to the Metro stop.
We are looking forward to your next visit when your travels bring you back to Northern Virginia.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have stayed in this Sheraton location three times now and we will probably try someplace else next time around only because it is starting to get a little tired....but who knows we may find the grass isn't always greener. We like the location because it is in walking distance to King St. The rooms are a nice size and the bed is comfortable. Hotel has been farily quiet on all three stays. We did hear music on this stay but it wasn't loud enough to keep us awake.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KeyWestTravelinGirl
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for giving us feedback from your recent stay with us. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay overall. As you mentioned we have an excellent location, the absolute best staff in town and I do hope you will consider us again and not try any of our competitors.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

The front desk staff were very welcoming, happy to see us, and were very helpful both at check-in and the following morning. This was our first visit to Alexandria so we needed a little help to get oriented. The front desk staff brought out the maps, the metro schedule, pointed us in the right direction and could not have been better. They do it right! They also told us that we can take their shuttle to the metro station for our visit to DC. Our room was a nice welcoming suite with French doors, separate living room, compact refrig and microwave, and well appointed rooms. My wife was upset that I said this, but the bed was better than the one we have at home. The sheets were amazing. Pure comfort!

The next morning, we headed to the lobby to take the shuttle to the metro station which leaves on the half hour. I confirmed with the driver that the shuttle stops at the metro station and he said yes. We were packed in a van with guests heading to the airport. The driver drove fast, then braked hard. At times it felt like a roller coaster ride. The other passengers thought this was funny and said "weee" when we went fast. We waited in traffic to enter Reagan Airport and stopped at each terminal to drop off passengers and unload their luggage. Then we circled around the airport again and started to pick up arriving passengers. My wife asked the driver if we were going to the metro station and the driver said in a not so friendly voice "yes". He drove a little further and stopped, then motioned for us to get out. No instructions. Remember, we are new tourists to the area, we knew we were at an airport, we had no idea where to go. When I asked the driver where the metro station was, he pointed upward. I saw a railroad track. So we walked into the airport terminal and worked our way up to the metro station. Later in the day, upon our return to Alexandria, we learned that a trolley car provides free service along King St. and it's just a 7 block walk to the hotel. I would recommend this route rather than taking the hotel shuttle service to the metro station. But the room comfort and assistance within the hotel was truly great!

Room Tip: If you need to go to the metro station, the hotel shuttle is not the way to go. Walk to King St. and take the free trolley to the King St. Metro Station. It's even a shorter walk to the Braddock Rd. Metro Station, no trolley needed. We learned about this afterwards. We will know better next time.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn M

Thank you for giving us feedback on TripAdvisor. I was glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. Please accept my apologies for the less than professional service provided bu our driver.We will make sure to do some retraining on courtesy and save driving.