“One of my favorite places to stay in DC, depending on who is working the front desk”

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I enjoy this hotel overall but what's especially nice is when Ekram is working the front desk. She always had a smile for me at checkin and goes above and beyond to make me happy and my stay as pleasent as possible. As a platinum member with SPG I can tell you that people like Ekram are hard to come by but when a hotel finds one they should do everything in there power to keep them and let their other employees know that that's the person to emulate

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Praietor
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review. I was glad to learn that you are a fan of our hotel and that you recognize Ekram's excellent service. We are looking forward to your next visit and I will make sure to share your kind words with Ekram.
Alfred Matter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
Highland Village, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Great staff that really makes you feel welcome and appreciated. Good food and craft beers at Fin and Hoof. Good running path nearby as well. Lots to do and explore around the hotel. Neighborhood fee. Easy cab / drive into DC for business / site seeing.

Stayed July 2014
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hello John,
thank for taking the time to give us feedback on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to learn that you rated us five stars and that you enjoyed our great staff as well as our location that gives you easy access to Old Town Alexandria or Washington DC with an easy cab ride or using our complimentary shuttle to the METRO.
We are looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

You want a great place to stay close to some fun? Try this Sheraton out! Check in is a breeze, but there are a couple of issues. Breakfast in the lounge is so-so, not much there that's hot! Also, don't you dare take a bottle of water in the bar after a run or you'll get chewed out by some guy that thinks he's the bottled water police! Geez! Really? Look...I've stayed here many times and what always takes me back is the ability to run on the river....all the way to some Yacht Club! Now I'm not really into sail boats, would probably capsize it if I was in charge, but they are great to look at. I'll stick to ski boats! The run along the water is fantastic. Then after a quick wash off....you're ready to hit the town. It's walking distance, just far enough to walk the burn off, about 5-7 min! Irish pubs, great restaurants, shopping, you name it, they have it all! Close to the airport when you've wore yourself out and a quick ride home!

Room Tip: They asked if this was a romantic hotel. My response is any hotel is a romantic hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Good morning,
thank you for giving us feedback from your recent stay. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed our location and the proximity to the Potomac River and the many great bars and restaurants within walking distance that Old Town has to offer.
I trust you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to Northern Virginia.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

All of our wedding guests had a fantastic time at the hotel. The rooms were all clean and the staff responded quickly to requests for additional changes to room arrangements. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Good morning,
thank you for rating us on TripAdvisor, I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding reception was a huge success.
Please visit us again in the near future, you don't need a wedding to come and enjoy the many amenities we have to offer.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here for about a week for work, and now will consider this my first choice in Alexandria. The rooms were nice, the service was good, and the location is just what I wanted...not so close to everything that you have noise issues, but not too far away either.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Good afternoon,
thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to we have earned to be your "Home away from Home" in Old Town Alexandria.
It is always nice to hear from a fan and I will be delighted to make your future stays more enjoyable if there is anything I can do. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
amatter@sheratonalexandria.com
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed here overnight for business. Check in was quick and easy and the staff was friendly. My room only had a view of the building next door, but it was well appointed. There's a great bar about a block away that was showing the world cup match. The shuttle drivers were very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Good morning,
thank you for completing a survey on TripAdvisor, I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay including our location that allows our guests to walk to many great restaurants and bars.
I hop you will stay with us again in the near future when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've stayed at the Sheraton Suites at least twice prior to this stay and I have enjoyed my stays and had no issues. This time, however, there were a few things that I was not quite happy about. First my check-in was rather tedious and when I entered my room, I saw luggage-bad sign. Fortunately, the guests were not in the room, and my kids and I immediately left and went back to the front desk. The front desk clerk was not very apologetic about her mistake and issued me a new (unoccupied) room. The room was nice-roomy with two double beds and a sleeper sofa. There is a second tv in the sitting area, which is nice when traveling with kids. And you get Showtime. The room rate was great and the hotel is located in a neighborhood, so you can safely park your car on the street free, instead of paying to be in the parking garage. We've always parked on the street when staying there and never had a problem. The second issue was with the shuttle. I'm not quite sure why the shuttle only runs to King street in the evening?? My family and my sister's family were up and about Saturday morning and decided to take the shuttle to King St. due to the fact that we would be doing a lot of walking in DC. The shuttle was sitting outside in the circle, empty. When we inquired about what time it left, we were told that it could take us to King St. at 6pm! (It was about 10am) What a joke. We walked, not that big of a deal, but why advertise a shuttle when it doesn't shuttle you anywhere!! For older people wanting to walk down to King St. or people who don't like to walk, most of the restaurants are about a mile away(.8 of a mile I believe)-close to 2 miles walking round trip. Upon check out the video check-out was not available, nor was the phone check-out-it just kept ringing and ringing, so I checked out at the front desk and was almost charged for two rooms. I had to explain that the first room was occupied and then I was given another room. (and my kids were disappointed that we didn't have free Wi-Fi in the room) Other than those few issues, I enjoyed my stay and would come back. The rooms are nice and clean, the hotel is in a great location and Alexandria is a beautiful town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time give us your feedback on TripAdvisor. Please accept my sincere apologies for our shortcomings during your recent stay. I do appreciate the comments as it allows us to improve our service levels.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that your experience was the exception and not the norm. When your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria, please contact me directly and I will be honored to look after your family's comfort.
amatter@sheratonalexandria.com