“Great Value Superb Accomodations”

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria
Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel is a great find near many attractions in Old Town Alexandria, a suburb of Washington, DC. Not only is the price most affordable, but the suite was really nice and well laid out. The staff was polite and efficient and the room was immaculately clean. The hotel is well situated for many of the tourist and shopping venues and an easy taxi ride to some of the ones a bit farther than walking distance. I would not hesitate to stay again for business or just a romantic get-away.

Room Tip: A Starwood system hotel if you are a frequent flyer. This helps get a higher floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from you last stay with us and to rate us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate any comments to help us improve our service levels.
I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I hope your travels will bring you back to the Sheraton Suites Alexandria in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Had our last 3 nights of our 3 week holiday to the States. It was such a comfortable and well appointed hotel, a comfortable 10 minute stroll through a nice residential area or along the river front to King Street where the majority of good restaurants are situated. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from you last stay with us. We appreciate any comments to help us improve our service levels.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

A delightful find, THIS is the place we will choose to stay when visiting our daughter who lives in beautiful Old Town Alexandria! Relax and refresh here, away from the hustle and bustle of the large, strictly average tourist hotels--yet check the LOCATION! Prime real estate! Dedicated, knowledgable, friendly staff who will go out of their way to assist you. Great beds & immaculate housekeeping! Nice restaurant + many others nearby. Charming choice for those who want to be in the center of the colonial area but off the beaten path!

Room Tip: Ask for a view.

Alfred J Matter

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at the SHeraton for a baby shower, and I had to bring my dog. The room was very nicely appointed and it was a dog friendly room. Clean and well cared for. The folks at the desk were helpful with suggestions for where to walk the dog. I stayed here several times before and plan to stay here again . Pet fee is reasonable, parking is good on the street, convenient to shops and the free shuttle is a real plus. A nice bar, and fancier pool would push this up to five stars for me. A very good stay!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Reviewed October 15, 2013

at first the room seemed awesome just enough space for 3 people. we had the king bed suite with a pull out sofa. the room decor was very nice however it had been raining and the carpet surrounding the bed was soaking wet. there was a fan on the floor to dry the carpet? when we approached the front desk to complain we were told that all the rooms experienced the same leaks and had the same situation. when we re-entered the room it stunk of mildew and the carpet was still soaked. the front desk claimed that a manager will be contacting us. we will see..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Teaquilaa
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your last stay with us. We appreciate any comments to help us improve our service level.
I sincerly apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. We attempted to call you but did not get an answer or a voice mail. I would greatly appreciate if you can contact me directly by phone or e mail to discuss your stay.

703 518 8781
amatter@sheratonalexandria.com

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was amazing. The front desk staff were outstanding, very professional and courteous.
The clerks smile and charm were really warm. The service was excellent. I really like to thank her for her excellent service and comping my parking for me. Our room was amazing we had the comp bottles of water, the bed was so amazing that I didn't want to get up that morning. The cleanliness of the room and hotel is what I expect when I stay at a SPG hotel. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant because we saw a nice place across the street which was outstanding.
We will be staying here when we come to old town. You won't go wrong with this place.

Room Tip: Higher floor get the best view
1  Thank Donald T
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Geneal Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed one night while on business in the DC area. Very nice suite, close to restaurants and the waterfront. Very friendly staff, I recommend this hotel highly.Fin and Hoof restaurant is located in the hotel. There is also an onsite bar. Complimentary bottled water in room.

• Stayed: October 2013
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Good morning,

I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you have the opportunity to visit again in the near future.