All reviews french doors the club lounge harris teeter king street old town trader joes pocket door braddock road airport shuttle living room wet bar across the street front desk staff suite hotel shuttle service sitting area king bed
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Reasonable price. Typical corp hotel atmosphere. Cheaper than the nearby hilton. It's great if you're a gold member. The 4pm late check out is awesome if you like to sleep in. And if you don't mind walking a little bit, it's not too far from the restaurants and bars.

Date of stay: September 2013
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from you last stay with us. We appreciate any comments to help us improve our service levels.
I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you have the opportunity to visit again in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The front desk employees are very unhappy and make it well known. Do not ask for anything. Do not expect them to be apologetic if they cancel your room key or give your room to another person while you are still using it. Expect to feel as if you are inconveniencing someone if you are planning to take their complimentary shuttle to the airport. Expect to overhear disagreements at the front desk between employees. I even got an eye roll at one point.

On the positive side, Tim at the bar is fabulous. The meeting room/restaurant staff are great. The cleaning staff is great (except for one of our party who had a pair of pants disappear - wwhhhaaaatttt????). The rooms are nice, beds comfortable. Too bad you feel so unwelcome when you arrive and unappreciated when you leave.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank SouthernSweetT

Good morning,
I was sorry to learn that our front desk staff did not live up to their normal professionalism.
I spoke to their manager to ensure that every guest get's the same friendly and efficient service.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate that your experience was the exception not the norm. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Alexandria and I will personally look after your comfort.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Room was too far from elevator. Nice clean room. Room was a good value, but all the extras were expensive, $4 for a bottle was expense, extras were not clearly marked as a extra. we found the room on Hotwire. Nice location for visiting DC. Close to airport and the metro.....

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have visited Alexandria a handful of times and become familiar with the area. The Sheraton is a brief stroll to Old Town and that is a plus. From the moment I checked in my stay was just less than the equivalently priced Westin. My biggest beef with the hotel is the terrible room they call a gym. It happens to share the same space as the pool and hot tub which makes it feel like you are in a steam room. I think there are 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, and 1 recumbent bike in this humid dungeon. No windows and just one tv. I have numerous other personal beefs about Starwood points and perks but I will just summarize to say that I'd pick the Westin if I had the choice.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Allison D
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Allison,
thank you for your feedback on your recent stay and I appreciate the positive rating despite your dissapointment with our gym. Unfortunately once a hotel is built we do not have many options. I hope to have you stay with us again and enjoy the many positive aspects of the hotel.
Regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice functional Sheraton. Nothin fancy or flashy, but it gets the job done. Great room lay out. Nicely appointed. It's started to look a little dates in some rooms. The club lounge has gotten much better the last few stays. Ok location, but a bit hidden. No major issues.

Date of stay: September 2013

Thanks you for taking the time to give us feedback from your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your experience as we always strive to improve on every aspects of the hotel.
I hope you will have another opportunity ti stay with us in the near future.
Regards,