My husband attended a conference at The Gaylord in October 2012. This was one of the recommended "overflow" hotels. I brought my daughter and niece. We toured Old Town and visited the Alexandria African American History Museum. Both are in walking distance. There is a grocery store within walking distance.
After touring the National Mall by day, the girls ate room service by night. The burgers are THE best ever! My daughter is not a "big" burger eater, but, she ate them every 3 days in a row. The first night we were there, the staff recommended a local restaurant on King Street. The food was gross. The second night, we ate at Howard University's homecoming.
The shuttle service is great. The gym was clean. The girls enjoyed swimming in the pool and relaxing in the hot tub.
They provide a refrigerator, but, it doesn't keep food safe. There is like a $20 or $25 per night fee to get a food-safe refrigerator. What?
We stayed in Alexandria for Inauguration 2013 and we ate burgers at the Sheraton twice. The third attempt, the restaurant was closed. It opens for dinner at 4:30. We got there at 4:00 pm.
Looking forward to our next DC visit for these burgers and CURBSIDE CUPCAKES!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria is an all-suites hotel ideal for family vacations. We're near Washington, D.C., Ronald Reagan National Airport, the Potomac, the Pentagon, Mount Vernon, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Groupon, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Sheraton Hotel Old Town Alexandria
- Alexandria Sheraton
- Sheraton Suite Old Town Alexandria
- Sheraton Alexandria