Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria
  • Room Service
$180
$161
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$101
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$197
  • Pool
$224
$195
  • Restaurant
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$129
$110
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfrench doorsthe club loungeharris teeterking streetold townroyal restauranttrader joesacross the streetnice suitebraddock roadfront desk staffliving roomairport shuttlesuite hotelwet barpool and hot tubstreet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel two years ago after our marriage, and we decided to stay here again during my recent business trip. I am glad I made that decision. Kudos to Paul P. the front desk manager who checked us in with grace and attention to detail. He made our stay pleasant. The experience we had here was far, far better than the one I had at the Crystal City Sheraton, where I unfortunately stayed for one week on business. I felt like cattle at the Crystal City Sheraton despite being a SPG gold member. The longer walk to the metro from Old Town did not bother me (we all need more exercise while traveling). The gym is small here, but the (shallow) pool and whirlpool makes up for it. I will definitely return to this SPG hotel when I have business in DC again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Happy New Year and thanks so much for your feedback. I am glad Paul took such good care of you and hope to see you again and more often. Making a connection with our guests is very important and our staff is here to make sure you are comfortable and have such a great experience that you will want to return. Thanks again for telling everyone!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

For an SPG hotel, this is a disappointing property. Whilst the hotel itself is a little "worn", that can often be overcome by service and staff, but not in this case. Service levels were poor, from check-In through the overall stay. The coffee machine in my room had clearly not been cleaned recently (I asked for a change), with only 1 packet of coffee and no SPG complimentary water. The Club Lounge is greatly disappointing. Breakfast options are far too limited in range and quantity, and slow to be replenished. Overall, very disappointed, and low value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback. A good stay starts with receiving everything you expect and more and I am sorry that you did not receive it. It does sound like you were upgraded at no additional charge to our club which allows for complimentary continental breakfast and not a hot breakfast which is served in our restaurant. All of our guests do receive complimentary water and coffee and should you request more we are glad to provide it. As you may know the hotel is completely refurbished including new carpet and the spacious suites provide the best value compared to a starndard room at other hotels. Again, I am sorry you did not find the hotel to your liking and hopefully you will give us another try so we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We checked into the hotel Sunday night. The place was nearly empty. There is a strange phenenon of long term guests at this location. No wonder, it is in a very nice neighborhood with quiet streets. We parked on the street overnight. If you can, do this then you avoid the pricy parking garage. We booked onto a 'hospitality' suite. I don't necessarily suggest this for the regular traveler. The bed is nice. The table in these suites is like a corporate conference table. Kinda wierd if you aren't hosting an event. The Club is on the 9 th floor. Very nice. There is a pool, which we didn't use. This is a good choice for comfort.

• Stayed: December 2012
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thanks so much for your comments and for your recent visit. We like to think that the Sheraton has something for everyone. Close proximity to all the Old Town shopping and historic sights along with easy access to our Nation's Capital Washington, D.C. Not to mention a quiet neighborhood only 3 blocks up from the Potomac River and a short shuttle to Reagan National Airport. Did I mention that all of our rooms are spacious suites. So whether it's business or leisure we have what you need to work, shop, dine, or play. Please come see us again soon!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed for four nights over thanksgiving. Upon checking in i requested parking for one night since the rest pf the trip our car would be at a family members house. I was told that due to their system i would have to pay parking for all four nights. I advised that it only said 22$ a day on the website and nothing about having to pay all the nights so she waived the charge. The room was nice and a decent size. The pull out bed was a typical thin mattress but ok for the one night we had to use that. The first morning the cleaning staff keyed themselves in twice without even knocking I have never stayed anywhere that this has happened and this place did it twice in one day. There is a large construction project happening directly next to the hotel and the trucks beeping at 7am was annoying. This will probably be going on for months so be aware. The 2nd night while we were sleeping we had a knock on our door at 11pm when I answered the door I was asked if I wanted the sofa bed made. I was confused why they would be asking me and she repeated herself and then realized that she had the wrong room.
We had a non smoking room but the first two days the smoke smell coming from a vent in the bathroom made us have to keep the door shut. This same vent in the bathroom was disgusting. It had built up dust that has been there for months and has clearly never been cleaned. The last morning I had received my bill and it was 99$ more than I had expected. I had a promo for buy three nights get one free. When I took this down to the front desk they cleared it up but did not even apologize for their mistake. Wonder how many times they have got away with that. Overall the hotel was ok but with so many issues and other options in the area I will not stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Soko5445
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback as we always do appreciate guest comments both good and bad. A good stay starts with receiving exactly what you expect and I am sorry we let you down. I was glad to see our agent accommodated you for parking complimentary and this brings to my attention the need for more training. Our Housekeeping staff should always knock before entering a room and of course going to the right room is a must but it is not unheard of that these mistakes can happen. The construction project has been going on for some time but rarely have we received complaints and we have found the noise is similar to most city hotels that deal with street noise. Having a clean and smoke free room is also basic to a good stay. I am sorry we let you down and you can be sure had we known of any smokers that we would have addressed this immediately. We work very hard at providing good value wtih many promotions that suit different travelers. Should any guest find an error we are happy to correct it and while we do make mistakes our staff should graciously make the necessary adjustments. We want all of our guests to receive exactly what they expect and again I am sorry we let you down. I hope that if you change your mind and try us again you will reach out directly to me so that I can personally see to your accommodations and make it up to you in some way.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Sheraton Suites at Old Town is a very nice hotel that is reasonably priced with AAA discounts. It is on the northernside of old town so you'll have to take the comp shuttle to king street, but only a couple min ride. The rooms are clean and the staff are very nice. I had a king with foldout couch that had large windows nice view. The room had some scuffs on the floor boards but that is expected with all the luggage that passes through. Overall very pleased but just a tad away from the metro and king street shops and restaurants.

1  Thank Jon M
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thanks so much for your feedback, we are glad you had a nice visit. While we are not on King street the short 10 minute walk is very easy and scenic and our close proximity to the airport and the Potomac River is a plus. We are also surrounded by green space and many other restaurants and businesses which is a rare find so close to Washington DC. Please do come see us again and tell your friends!!