All reviewsfrench doorsthe club loungeharris teeterking streetold townroyal restauranttrader joesbraddock roadacross the streetfront desk staffairport shuttlenice suiteliving roomsuite hotelpool and hot tubstreet parkingshuttle service
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a must stay hotel if in the DC area. You can park your car in the garage and their van will take you to the Metro Station and pick you up when you return. They make you feel wanted and do all that they can to make you feel wanted. It is advised to upgrade to the "CLUB" level as they provide 24 hour snacks, drinks and a breakfast every day that changes every morning. The beds are to die for and you sleep so well you would think you were on a cloud.

Room Tip: Up grade to the "Club" level
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank John M
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thanks so much for this important feedback. We want all of our guests to know how nice it is to stay with us and also about our Club Lounge which is a great value especially for families. Please do come back and thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed here three nights on business - friendly staff, good large rooms and a really good location. Try T J Stones bar and restaurant just round the corner. I strongly recommend this hotel. Plenty of free newspapers and good taxi pick up service for both Reagan and Dulles airports.

Room Tip: All room locations seem good.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Peter N
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

I could not have said it better and thanks so much for staying with us. Business or Leisure we agree this location, value and spacious suites cannot be beat. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My friend and I stayed the night for the Crab Festival this past weekend @ this hotel. Was able to get a SWEEET online deal for one of their 1 King Bed suites. The hotel was clean and was very nicely appointed. Bed was comfortable. About 1 mile from the Water Taxi in Old Town (which takes you to Natl Harbor). Great place for a night out on the town with your significant other or gno!

Room Tip: Look online for starwood preferred guest deals. They are non refundable and you pay upfront (no cancellation), but it's worth saving $20-30 if you know you're going.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mominvaof2

Thanks so much for your feedback. Not only a great bargain but a great value. I could not agree more and hope you can come back again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Hotel was very clean,the staff was courteous & professional, and i have to say, a great bed !! love sleeping at Sheratons ! its 7 blocks from the action & shops on king street. they have a shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour to the national airport/metro stop. so we took the metro to the city everyday from here. (it was a 10 minute ride. the metro was so clean & easy.) parking was 20.00 a day in the garage-and we got a good deal on the suite, 92.00/ night. and of course the best part for my daughter-the indoor lap pool & hot tub !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kristin g
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thanks so much for sharing your comments and experience at the Sheraton Suites Old Town. Whether its a weekend getaway or staying for business the value of a full suite cannot be beat and the Old Town neighborhood is great with easy access to the shops, restaurants, and even downtown DC. Please do stay with us again and tell your fiends!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel is in a great location. It's walking distance to dining in Old Town and only a 5-mile cab ride/drive across the bridge to the National Harbor. The front desk staff was very courteous, and I have to commend their customer service. The snacks available in the Club (paid access) are great, and you can take them back to your room. The breakfast served up there in the morning is basic, but good. The rooms are suite style, so there's a bedroom with a king bed, bathroom with double sinks and a living room with a desk and sleeper sofa. The living room also has a wet bar, microwave and decent size TV for the space. The room's not as big as I was picturing, but it's functional and very clean.

When I stayed here, I rented a room and so did one of my friends. Both of us had booked our rooms on Hotels.com, and although they had rooms set aside for us, they weren't the kind we'd reserved and paid for. My friend paid quite a bit extra for a Club Level room, but upon check-in, there weren't any more available. To right the wrong, the front desk staff gave her access to the Club, but was unable to put her in a room on that floor because they were all booked. We'll never know if those rooms are nicer and/or bigger than the standard ones. My room was supposed to have been a balcony room, but after arriving in the room, there was no balcony. Since I paid more for that, I called down to the front desk, and after confirming that I'd reserved one of those, she moved me to a balcony room. That being said, don't waste your money on the balcony. It's off of the bedroom part of the suite, not the living room, and it's only about two feet out from the building. It's really not better than the windows in the standard room.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on a balcony room - it's not worth it. And don't use Hotels.com to book it. You probably won't get the kind of room you asked for.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Brittany J
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thanks so much for your comments as they brought to light some of the problems when booking through hotels.com or any 3rd party which is the transfer of information. We prefer you book directly with us as we have the same rates and I am sorry that we were not prepared with your proper room when you arrived. I am glad the staff took good care of you and that you enjoyed your visit. We will certainly work with the booking agents to make sure we get this fixed and also please know that the great advantange of being an all suites hotel is that all the rooms are very similar with only minor differences, so you can be sure you did not get downgraded due to the error. Again, thanks for making me aware of your experience and we hope you visit again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.