We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The rooms are very nice, a bit out dated, but clean. I only had 2 issues 1) checking in and 2) the refrigerator. I had reserved a crib with my reservation for my 14 month old, so I did not bring a pack-and-play because I was told the crib would be set up in the room when we arrived. When I checked in at the front desk I was told they were out of cribs! I found this unacceptable since I requested and reserved it with my room which I explained to the front desk. The woman at the desk was nice but did not do much to rectify the situation, she recommended I purchase a pack-and-play. Umm... don't think so. She gave me a few different stories that didn't make sense as to why we didn't have a crib. I would have felt better if she would have just admitted it was their mistake for not checking the reservations before they passed out the cribs. So, while walking to our room I saw a crib in the hallway and called the front desk to see if I could have it. The cleaning staff sanitized it and brought it to our room. So, in the end it all worked out. However I am not sure that would have been the case if I did not take it upon myself to hijack the crib.
The refrigerator. So, your room is equipped with a fridge, however it keeps your items cool, not cold (as it is labeled). If you want a fridge you can call the front desk but they will charge you $25. The charge isn't awful, but the fridge that is in the room is pointless. They should just save on the electricity all together and not even include it.
The room was perfect for a 13 month old. Since there is the extra living room space she had plenty of room to run around and explore. Even with the crib we had plenty of room to play, even though we didn't spend much time in the room, the time we did spend was very comfortable.
The location of the hotel was perfect for us. We don't mind walking to places, we actually prefer it. So the 10-15 minute walk to King Street was great. The neighborhood is safe and clean. The scenery is beautiful. We also walked to the Metro, which was a bit further (maybe 20-25 minutes), but again we like the walk.
So, overall we were very pleased with the hotel and the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria is an all-suites hotel ideal for family vacations. We're near Washington, D.C., Ronald Reagan National Airport, the Potomac, the Pentagon, Mount Vernon, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Sheraton Hotel Old Town Alexandria
- Alexandria Sheraton
- Sheraton Suite Old Town Alexandria
- Sheraton Alexandria