“Nice hotel, good location”

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria
Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel over the MLK weekend. The location is great within walking distance to King Street and a short drive to other locations. The hotel is clean and the staff was friendly and accomodating. The size of the room was perfect for 2 people and we enjoyed having the sitting room and second TV. The beds are super comfortable and we slept very well. The indoor pool and hot tub were a nice plus and I enjoyed a soak in the hot tub after a day of shopping and sightseeing.
We enjoyed a meal at the onsite restaraunt on Saturday night where they offered a nice New Year deal of an appetizer or dessert and an entree for $20.12. Our waitress was friendly and even though she was working the restaraunt and delivering room service she gave us great service.
My only complaint would be the charge for internet in the room, I did use the wifi in the lobby but in this day even the lower quality hotels are offering free in room internet. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thanks so much for your feedback about the hotel and the restaurant. We are particularly proud of our restaurant as the value and quality is comparable to many local restaurants. We hope others will see your comments and pay us a visit. I know how many suburban hotels and limited service properties give away in-room internet. We are reviewing this and perhaps in the near future we can offer this same service complimentary. Again, thanks for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Cheers!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel over the MLK weekend.

Not only was I able to book the hotel the day of arrival [using Starpoints] but was also able to extend our stay one extra day at the front desk! Our entire experience was a pleasure -- from arrival to departure.

The location of the hotel is perfect; it's walking distance to King St. There are two restaurants across the street but even though we didn't dine at either, the menus looked good.

We had a room on the 4th floor right by the elevators and it wasn't a problem; we slept like babies. The size of the suite was good for a long wknd stay but if you are staying longer and with more than 2 people, it may be a little cramped (only one shared closet).

We made use of the complimentary wifi in the lobby - desktops are available as well for those who do not travel with laptops. The bartender is very sweet and makes yummy hot toddies that you can bring up to your room.

Finally, the hotel is dog-friendly but upon walking in, one wouldn't know because it is very clean and scent-free.

I would highly recommend staying here and when we return, we'll be sure to book our stay at the Sheraton Suites.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very very much for your kind words. Old Town is a great place to visit and the Sheraton Suites is always a bargain and good value. Please do come visit us again!

Cheers!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed Sunday through Wednesday leaving Thursday the week of Thanksgiving this year 11/20-11/24 2011. The hotel shut down the on site bar and restaurant and did not tell us in advance that this would be happening. They said it was a slow week for them. We had been anticipating the availability of being able to get room service 2 or 3 time but this was also not available. had the weather cooperated we would have been less peeved but it rained and at times rained hard the whole time we were there it would have been nice to stay cozy in the room instead of hunting down all our meals in the rain.
also water was shut off for one whole day, I can't blame them for city work that has to get done and they did have flyers posted. I had stayed here once before 2 years ago it just seemed much more friendly then, it was my husbands first visit and I had told him how great it was. The main drag of Old towne is awsome had some great meals and the metro is only a few walking blocks from the hotel. beware though depending on the route you choose to walk it can send you through some scary looking low income projects.
the hotel does run a shuttle to down town restaurants and shopping.
I would not write this hotel off my list but I would have liked them to appoligize for not having any food services the week we were there again I get it was a slow week but just notify us before we check in so we can adjust our plans. also don't be so cheap with the internet and the inroom coffee. i travel a lot for work and it sucks to ahve to beg for a second cup of coffee in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Thanks so much for your comments, we are truly sorry for not being at our best. During the slow periods over Thanksgiving in the hotel we do close the restaurant for lunch and dinner but you will note that the breakfast was served each morning of your stay. The hotel prepares extensively with back up alternatives for room service delivery and other dining options many of which were a few steps from the hotel front doors. While we do provide coffee in the rooms we can also send additional coffee whenever a guest requests this. As for the water shutoff, this occured one day for just 3 hours during the late morning early afternoon time when most guests are gone for the day. In fact we did not receive any complaints as the work was done without incident. Internet use is free in the lobby as is use of the business center. The fee in the guest rooms may seem high but it simply covers the cost of our support company. I am truly very sorry that you percieved our services not available, however you must not have read our information correctly. In the future we will make sure to communicate more effectively in advance of guest arrivals.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed just for one night with my colleges. The hotel has Wi-fi for a $10 fee with AT&T. The Wi-Fi wasn't working upon my arrival and front desk said - just call this number and they will help you. They didn't say, if you use the hotel phone for 800 number we will still charge you. After 20 minutes on hold with AT&T I was told there is a problem with the service and will be fixed in 30 minutes. It was more like 2 hours. Next morning we used King Suite to have a 5 hour meeting and the WI-Fi was't working again. After another call to AT&T they said it will work in few minutes. The Wi-Fi never worked that day but all of us got charges on our bills, one colleague twice. I would NOT recommend this hotel for business traveler. Just hassle and no responsibility.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ivy148

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am glad you mentioned your trouble because I did not have any reports of the system being down and I would not have known otherwise. We do ask our customers to call our support line through AT&T because sometimes individual lap tops have trouble getting through different firewalls depending on the settings. I will tell you that our business center did not have any problems and as you know all guests can use this complimentary in our lobby. Regardless, we want all of our guests to have the best stay possible where everything works. You can bet I will be following up with our service to make sure other guests do not have the same problem. Again, thanks for staying with us and I hope you try us again soon and please call me direct should you need any assistance.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2012

The Sheraton in Old Town Alexandria is a very good place to stay. We spent New Years Eve here and booked 2 rooms for our family. The rooms were clean and the service was very good. We had a river view and city view which was a pleasant surprise. We took advantave of their New Years packet which included 2 tickets for local festivities. The staff was very helpful and the shuttle took us around to all the sites we wanted to see. It's a solid 3-star hotel with convenient parking in a good location. We stayed on the Club floor which offered limited but good snacks and a continental breakfast. Overall, I was very satisfied with the amenities and stay. I would recommend this place to family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Thanks so much for spending New Years eve with us. We are a great family friendly place and the 1st Night activities with Old Town Alexandria is a great value. We hope to see you again next year.

Best Wishes for a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Regularly stay here when in Alexandria. The suite room lay-out is terrific or the business traveler. Very accommodating staff are a plus. Now with an Enterprise car rental desk in the lobby, it is most convenient.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thanks so much for your comments. I am glad you like our new Rental Car service. We love having them here to help our guests even more and save the hassle of renting at the airport. Please come see us again soon!!!

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I am always guilty of being late in writing the reviews......so sorry. What can I say...another hit for SPG!! I was greeted with a smile...received an upgrade and the room rocked. It was clean, well maintained and the staff was awesome! This is a must try for travelers to the Alexandria Virginia area. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2011

Thanks so much for your comments. Please do come again!!!