Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
Relax Inn(Alexandria)
Brookside Motel(Alexandria)
The Virginia Lodge(Alexandria)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskdc arearichmond highwayhuntington metro stationbudget hotelgreat roomclean roomsper nightfridge and microwaveold townpetwalmartmileredroofbeltwaygmvernon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Bottom line ...this place is lower than low. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room and immediately walking in the door it smelled like a combination of a wet dog and a smoking lounge. There was a big spot of some sort of white goop on the rug and the bathroom floor looked like a barn floor, that had never been cleaned. The sink had the remains of goodness knows what, brown stuff and when I turned the water on to wash it down the drain...the sink clogged up...When I called the front desk the girl told me she was sorry but there were no more rooms left...and that was all she could do...I went down to the front desk and after she called someone they found a nearby place for me to stay..on them.. I wouldn't recommend this place to an enemy...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank fiddlesticksfl
Reviewed May 2, 2010

The staff of hotel are great, very helpfull and friendly. The room are quite good, with mricowave, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and refrigerator. Very Close to the Gaylord Convention Center and Old Town of Alexandria, also near by Ronald Reagan Airport.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank N3tto
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Staff was very friendly and helpful. There were dirty towels hanging on the back of the bathroom door. There were no face towels had to go get some. Once I got in the bed I kept scratching. Not sure what that was.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Good deal for the price. All I need is clean place to stay. No frills, but business king has a microwave and a fridge, so I can store my food from outside restaurant. Bathroom is clean. This red roof has an iron and ironing board. I subscribe T-mobile so internet for me is no problem. Good amount of space to work on my paperwork.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I was displaced from my home due to a flood and so had to find a place to stay for 11 nights. Although the neighborhood that this hotel is in has traditionally been a little shaky, it is looking up and this Red Roof is getting two new very nice suites hotels as neighbors. The hotel is on a major street but I asked for a room in the back which faced a woodland and 3 million dollar mansions.

My room was quiet, the other guests were friendly as were the hotel staff. The hotel was recently renovated and has clean and nice looking rooms. What was great was the refridgerator, safe, microwave and coin-operated laundry. The laundry-room and ice-vending machine were a little grungy, hopefully this will be fixed.

I needed to bring my two cats with me and this hotel obliged with no extra fee. I put a sign on the door to let the staff know I did not want the door opened without me there and they did not open the doors.

There is limited free internet but no free WiFi. I think that may be changing but I would inquire. Overall, it was a good stay at a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed: March 2010