Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$167
$152
$149
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$101
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$198
$169
  • Restaurant
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$197
$239
EmbassySuites.com
$197
  • Restaurant
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$142
$110
Official Hotel
$223
$202
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskdc arearichmond highwayhuntington metro stationbudget hotelgreat roomclean roomsper nightfridge and microwaveold townpetwalmartmileredroofbeltwaygmvernon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

The office staff is very helpful and friendly. My first experience with Red Roof is very satisfying. I would return. The new rooms are nicely done and comfortable. Tub/shower could use an update. Nice sink though. We brought our small dog and he was welcomed and happy. Good exercise area out back for him.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Puffin05272000
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Good afternoon;

My name is Robert Whaley and I am the General Manager of the Red Roof Inn here in Alexandria, Va,. I can not tell you how pleased and grateful that I am for you to take the time to post a review about our hotel. I am pleased that you did enjoy your stay with us. The good news is that we are currently receiving bids to have our tubs re-done. I do hope that when you are in the area again that you will again choose us for your hotel accommodations. Please have a wonderful day.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here three nights. About a mile from the metro. Beds were comfortable, rooms were okay. Can use your MetroCard to take a bus from across Huntington St to the metro, a walk of about 2 blocks, need to cross two busy streets.
They redid the rooms, putting the sinks on top of the counters which makes them hard for anyone who is not very tall to use. I am 5' 7", and the sink was difficult for me to use.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Turpy23
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley, general manager Red Roof Inn, Alexandria Virginia. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for for posting a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. Believe me I do understand your comments in regards to the raised sinks and will pass them on to my supervisors. I do honestly hope that this will not prevent you from staying with us in the near future. Have a wonderful day. :-)

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stopped here for one night on our way back to Dulles Airport. The price was reasonable and the room clean and tidy. No complaints, it's a decent hotel of its type and you get what you pay for. The Reception staff were really excellent, friendly and helpful and overall the place was basic but well looked after.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter as there is a highway out front.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley, general manager of the Red Roof Inn hotel here in Alexandria, Virginia, and I would like to thank you for taking the time out of what I am sure is a busy day to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are always most welcome, and we look forward to your staying with us again should you return to the area.
Again, many thanks.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I chose the Red Roof Inn because of the price and decent reviews on here about the recent renovations. We were staying three nights so we could look for an apartment. After a long drive, I had second thoughts pulling up to the hotel. There were next to no parking spots available because they were repaving the lot or something. It was obviously the end of the day for the pavers because they were hanging out by their vehicles grilling and drinking beer. People were hanging off the balconies smoking and talking to people in the parking lot also. We went to check-in, and the person at the desk just handed us hotel keys and that was it - didn't even bother to tell us where the room was located until I asked and verified the room number. She had written 306 on the envelope, but it was very unclear and said 300 instead. She also asked for what kind of car we had.

The room itself looked nice after the recent renovations, but it was nothing overly fancy. The air conditioner was loud and had a horrible smell coming from it. It appeared to be one of the few things that hadn't been replaced. The cable channels weren't impressive either, unless you enjoy CNN or ESPN. The room was decent enough to stay in, but it was what was going on outside that made our stay less desirable.

We had to park our car at the far end of the hotel because of the horrible parking situation the night before. We walked over to leave the next morning (around 10am) to find that our car was the only one there and was blocked in by cones on both sides because they were paving or whatever. I don't know if it was the paving people or management who made the decision to block cars in, but either way, why on earth would you block a guest's car in without notifying them or anything? They had also set up a tent, blocking off even more parking. Thankfully another guest who was parked on the other side of the cones was leaving, so we simply moved cones and barely made it out of the lot we were blocked in to. As we were looking at an apartment complex across the street, we could see the entire driveway being blocked off by cones also and were happy we didn't have to return any time soon. When we returned later, it appeared as if the driveway was just being opened up so people could get in and more of the lot was opened. We were able to park just under our room for the rest of our stay, but we never knew if they'd randomly close up the lot when we'd return for the night.

We wouldn't have been as disappointed as we were if management would have been a little better in communicating that work was being done on the parking lot. We weren't told at all when we checked in about anything or any notice that a certain portion would be closed that was open the night before. They didn't ask for a license plate number, but you would think if they asked for the make of the car, they could at least try to track down whose car could possibly be blocked in. Again, it could have been the paving people who made the decision also, but either way, it was very poor of them to allow a guest's car to be blocked like that.

We are completely moving in a few days and have decided to pay a little more at a different hotel. Red Roof Inn wasn't horrible, but I wasn't fully impressed even if they did just renovate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Good afternoon;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn here in Alexandrai, Va. I just want to thank you for taking the the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. Please also accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the parking situation. I have also replaced the air conditioner in the room in which you stayed in.Our renovations are 100% complete now, and I truly do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Newly remodeled room... got interrupted during an afternoon nap because they needed to put in a larger TV. Darn. Looked to me like they were finishing the rest of the remodeling on the 2nd floor.
Service was excellent... close to everything, stores, metro, etc.

Room Tip: back rooms will likely be less noisy... Main road out front is busy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brad S
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Good afternoon Sir;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager of the Red Roof Inn, here in Alexandria. I would like to first apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way during your stay with us. Our complete hotel renovation should be finished in just a day or two, and I really like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Hopefully you will in the near future have an opportunity to visit with us again to enjoy our all new hotel!