Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$87
Hotels.com$87
Courtyard$98
Priceline$87
FindHotel$87
Tripadvisor$87
All reviews front desk across the street parking garage lobby cvs
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

I wasn't sure what I was going to experience since this hotel had 2 negative reviews in August but my experience was quite different. The only problem was the carpet had a red juice stain but the room was comfortable, the staff was nice to us, the food was delicious at the Bistro section. The breakfast buffet, I did not like the eggs (powdered or from a carton) and the honey dew was sour, pineapple not ripe at all. Everything else appeared to be okay. Bed very comfortable. Bathroom was okay. No fridge or microwave in my room although I heard that they had these times in the rooms.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Sheldon J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2016

Thank you for the comments. Our hotel offers refrigerators upon request. We do not have them in the room unless requested. We have just completed the carpet cleaning of the hotel.

Reviewed August 26, 2016

Pros:

1. Manna at the Bistro was a wonderful staff member who made sure her customers were taken care of each morning. She was very attentive, and I appreciated her thoughtfulness.

2. The hotel offers food vouchers, for some travelers, at their lobby restaurant.

3. The hotel is located close to several attractions.

4. The hotel has a free shuttle service and is very close to a Metro bus stop.

5. The hotel has a washer and dryer.

6. The hotel has a parking garage.

7. There is a pool/hot-tub/workout area.

8. Free Internet

Cons:

1. The restaurant in the hotel is not open for lunch.

2. The cable does not have a wide selection of channels. There are SEVEN sports channels. The channel listing says they have Showtime, but it is actually the Disney Channel. When I asked the front desk if they are supposed to have Showtime, they said they can "unblock" the channel if there are no children checked into the entire hotel. So basically, they don't have Showtime.

3. The shuttle service is usually one van - two on a good day. So, if you and everyone else is relying on it, you may have to wait for a very long time (45+ min).

4. There is no room service.

5. The single washer and dryer is very old and is falling apart.

6. The parking garage is crazy expensive. Something like $20+ a night.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. Showtime is available and I am not sure why it is not work for you. Our parking is actually the lowest priced in the area. The guest laundry is serviced regularly by a contracted company and works very well, not sure what happened with you.

Reviewed August 13, 2016

We stay at this hotel at least one week every year, sometimes more, because we have family nearby. The staff at this hotel are always warm, courteous, helpful and friendly. All the staff, from those who work at the front desk, to the those who service the rooms, to those who serve in the Bistro - all are remarkably helpful and friendly.

For years, Manna Micael, who works in the Bistro, has always been remarkably warm. We share photos of our families! She makes the place feel like home!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

I drove by this hotel every day before I decided to move out of the area and never gave it much notice. Wow, I can't believe this hidden gem would prove to be such a convenience. This hotel has a great well lit parking garage and several outside oversized parking spaces for trailers and large U-Hauls. Check in was very, very friendly and fast. My room was nice and clean. My bathroom was very clean. The beds were so comfortable that we slept until 9am when we wanted to get up at 6am! The bar had great drinks and had a very modern flare to it. Breakfast was also very good. Oh yeah! Our room had a distant view of the Washington Monument and US Capitol! I'd stay here again!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Sheldon J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2016

Thank you for the comments. We look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

This is a horrible hotel, especially the management team. I was check into the hotel by one of the managers and he was the nastiest person that ever worked in Hospitality. First, he told me that being upset that for having to wait on their shuttle for 2 hour was my fault and that I was not not a valued guest. Then told me to go find another hotel when I wanted was an apology which was never given.

Horrible place, book else where!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Companion39020
Sheldon J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2016

Please contact me directly so I may address this issue. Thank you