WINNER WONDERLAND

Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very accommodating and offered us to stay longer. I really appreciated the welcoming front desk staff. Parking is really close. Nice Lobby, updated nice hip design.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Tovah M- Thank you for your great review. I will proudly share your positive comments with our front desk team and I am very happy to hear that you appreciated our staff. We definitely look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the DC area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Franklin, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

During our family trip to Alexandria Virginia, there was pandemonium on 95N Saturday morning through 3 pm. We arrived at our most indulgent king suite 604.The view from the suite was breath taking. I really appreciated the quiet spot of the suite. I was sound asleep by 9 pm. The plush pillows were exceptional, but too soft for my neck. Nonetheless the experience was dazzling.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 6 are quiet, they're well kept and the view is to die for.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wendy A- Thank you for so many kind words from your recent visit to the hotel. I'm very pleased that the view from your suite was breath taking and that your experience with us went beyond your expectations. I will be happy to share your comments with the entire team at our upcoming staff meeting. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is nicely situated by some major attractions that's just a mile away. The staff was friendly and the lobby was nice and clean.most of all the bed was so comfortable and I had a good night's rest.The clerk was very helpful and overall it was a great value .....

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rodney C
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Wendy A- Thank you for your wonderful review. I will proudly share your positive comments about your room with our team and I am very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We definitely look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the DC area.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

What else can I say. The staff, day and night were great with attention. So much so, that I want to come back at the end of the month for another five days.

My only drawback was that my room was so far up and away, that I lost my Internet signal at times. I will request a room close to the Internet source.

The hotel is located in the perfect spot, with banks, laundry, stores and restaurants within a two minute ride on their courtesy van.

I will return to this hotel in the near future.

Room Tip: I had an end unit wich was high and far away from noise. I knew I had neighbors, but never heard the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Danilo B
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Danilo B - Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate receiving your valuable feedback in order to improve the quality and service of our hotel. We hope to have you return for any future stays.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I absolutely loved my stay here! This was quite possibly one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I had access to a rental car during my stay. For others, the metro is not even a five minute walk away. There was a theater, a few restaurants including a sushi restaurant that was in the same plaza as a 7-eleven. Further down the road, I also found a Whole Food Market which I fell in love with. It is a good location that is a little tucked away from the hustle and bustle of downtown DC.

I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. There was a parking garage. With elevator access to the main hotel that is only accessible with swipe card access. Staff were friendly enough. My sister had items Fedexed to the hotel prior to our stay. There were no issues with the wifi.

Complaints: The rooms do not come with microwave access. I believe there was a microwave at the reception desk area to be used. Also when in the bathroom, I could hear when the people next door were showering and flushing the toilet...awkward!

In closing, this was one of my favorite hotel stays ever!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
CDRD87 - Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Based on great reviews from our guests, we always work hard on improving the quality and service of our hotel. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Fleming Island, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed all 3 nights only because other hotels were full.

I looked to change hotels after first night because I told front desk of 3 problems in the room. I was told they would fix it but they never did. Door would not close when we would leave until I used a paper to hold the latch closed and slid out after it was shut.

AND NO CLOCK IN THE ROOM!

Pool was only open week nights and weekend. Daughter and I love a morning swim but could not. Never told or saw this when we booked.

Carpet was very dirty, I walked on it with white sox and needed to throw out after I noticed they were ruined.

Only reason I give them a second star was because of the van transport to the metro.

Stayed July 2014
Matt L - Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We appreciate your valuable feedback, it’s one of the best tools we have in order to improve the quality and service of our hotel. We always strive to provide the highest quality of service and accommodations, and regret to learn that your visit was not on par with your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed here on business for three nights (early in the week), and was my first time here at this property. The free shuttle, to and from airport, is a bonus. But it always took at least two phone calls to get confirmation that the shuttle was being sent. And being put on hold for several minutes can be frustrating. That being said, remember that this shuttle is free. But seriously, tip your driver! The hotel is in very good condition. Rooms, exercise equipment, pool (larger than what you would typically see) was very nice. Keith, the GM, did an excellent job at keeping all of his guests happy - and he wears *many* "hats". And his front desk staff did a nice job too. This is a busy hotel, and there was a lot going on most of the time. The restaurant made a great turkey reuben one night, but I did not opt to spend the $11 for breakfast each morning. I'm sure it would have been fine, just kinda pricey. Rooms were clean, and quiet. Shower head/water pressure - excellent. Bed was comfortable too. The shuttle also runs all day (and into the eve) to the Pentagon City Metro. Again, it is free, and sometimes the phone call and/or waiting was frustrating. The King Street Metro Stop is only a couple away from Pentagon, and lots of dining options in Old Town Alexandria. I would recommend this hotel, and stay here again based on my experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OnTheGoAtTimes - We truly appreciate receiving your honest and constructive feedback regarding your positive experience while staying at the Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South. We know you have many choices when you travel and we appreciate and value your loyalty to the Courtyard brand. We can't wait to welcome you back in the future.