“Amazing Staff”

Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Santa Rosa, California
“Amazing Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Traveling to the Washington DC and New York areas with and without students for the past 30 years has afforded me the opportunity to observe the inner workings of many hotels in the area, and it is easy to say that Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South has a staff that provides a service and setting that is second to none. Every member of the staff works easily and cooperatively with every other member while providing efficient and kind service to every patron. No problem is ever too big and certainly no problem is too small. They are professionals of the highest order who have not only been trained very well, but they present themselves as people who enjoy their work. -- I will continue to use this hotel whenever I am in the area because the helpful staff creates a comfortable and friendly environment in which to rest and relax. Guests are made to feel welcome, important, and valued. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Budd S
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Budd S- Thank you for so many kind words from your recent visit to the hotel. I am very pleased that we exceeded your expectations and will happily share your comments with the entire team. We definitely look forward to seeing on your next trip to the DC area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
worcester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

My sister and I stayed here for 5 nights over Memorial Day weekend. I can't say enough about how welcoming and helpful the staff were, especially Stephanie and Reeza. The van drivers were all great. We never had to wait more than 15-20 minutes at the Pentagon City metro station for the van, The breakfasts were great and the bed was extremely comfortable. This is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it.

Green Features: The guests are given the option to re-use bath towels.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank san_luis_rey
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
san_luis_rey - Thank you very much for such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased that our staff was able to meet your expectations and that your stay worked out perfectly on memorial day weekend. I will happily share your comments with the entire staff. We look forward on seeing you on your next visit to the DC area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is a great property with a great staff. There is very little turnover in staff and they always remember you from the last visit, Stephanie is very kind and professional and always works to make my stay a good one. The pool is very clean and they keep it at around 85 degrees and great place to relax. I often dine in the bistro and watch tv in one of the booths. The food is always fresh and made to order. As a frequent traveler I would recommend this property for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: upper floor rooms overlooking DC
Green Features: they recycle and encourage guest to do so also. I have my linen changed every other day
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Ed G -Thank you for such a wonderful review. I will be happy to share your comments with Stephanie and the rest of the team. I am glad that we were able to create such a memorable stay for you and that we as a team met your expectations. We definitely look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the DC area.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I'm not usually one to make lists like this, but this particular stay screamed for it.

Let's see... Check in went okay at first but I was literally switched to a different agent midway through to hear about their lack of complimentary breakfast (which I knew). The previous agent just walked away to help someone else. Perhaps it was my letting them know that the person I was traveling with - from the same company, mind you - was not able to make it and if they hadn't been contacted they could go ahead and free up the reserved room. Well, apparently they take issue with that. They explained that the person (who didn't even make their own reservation) would need to call them directly. When I said my coworker had encountered an emergency, which is why they couldn't make the trip, they basically said "tough, we need a call or we're billing the full rate".

So on to the room: The tub dripped non-stop; the bed was all springs and very uncomfortable; the red walls had chipped paint; and forget that the TV on-screen guide says you can watch Showtime - that channel reverts to Bio. The icing on the cake had to do with the bathroom amenities. I've unwrapped better bars of soap at $30/night motels. Like plastic. That, and they only provided little bottles of conditioner. No shampoo. I called down and was told someone would be right up. Guess again. I called again 20 minutes later and they acted I'd never called before. No big deal - I can be late to that meeting.

Anything good, you ask? The little diner counter they have downstairs was staffed by two very nice gentlemen. The food, being light bar food, was only so-so but the service was great. So there.

Room Tip: If you stay on the side facing the highway, know that you need to run the fan on high to drown out t...
1 Thank SteveG13
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
SteveG13 - Thank you for your review and I apologize that your stay was not what you have come to expect from a Marriott. We strive to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay and we did not meet your expectation and our own. I will be sure to address your concerns with my staff immediately in order for it not to happen again. We will certainly utilize your comments to make an improvement in the areas you have mentioned. Thank you again for your review and feedback.
Spinnerstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here a week ago with a group that had 28 rooms. The staff was very nice and helpful, rooms were blocked perfectly, and the breakfast each morning was wonderful. The pool was large and nicely laid out, great place to relax and swim. Would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice place to stay near Washington D.C. Perfect in every way.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
peggypauline505 - Thank you very much for such a great review of your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased that our staff was able to meet your expectations and that our room blocking and morning breakfast worked out perfectly for your group. I will happily share your comments with the entire staff. We look forward on seeing you on your next trip to the DC area.
Woodinville, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I do alot of work related travel, and stay in alot of Hotels. This Hotel is outstanding from the moment you walk in the door to check in to the moment you walk out after check out. The
staff has the highest quality of guest service I have ever seen. You feel more like Family then guests. The Manager Keith is always seen and available. I want to give a special thank you to Stephanie for her skills and help, to Edna for her patience, to Greg for his directional skills.
Thank you all for making my work travel a little less work and a little more fun.

Room Tip: I like the lay out of rooms ending in 03 (203, 303,40, etc), they are at the end of the halls near t...
1 Thank Carla H
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Carla H - Wow, thank you for such a wonderful review. I will happily share your comments with Stephanie, Edna, Greg and the rest of the team. I am glad that we were able to create such a memorable stay for you and made your work enjoyable. We definitely look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the DC area.
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We have been at this Courtyard for a week while touring DC and Alexandria, The front staff is fantastic and they are always ready and willing to help. I would like to thank Keith, Stephanie and Edna for all that they do! They should write a book on customer service!!! They have a great breakfast and the best pool in the DC area! Thanks Courtyard for making our stay fantastic!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DonHalazon - Thank you for so many kind words from your recent visit to the hotel. I love the heading of “Fantastic-The Best Place To Stay!” I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team at our upcoming staff meeting. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.