“Nice but could do better”

Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hotels are always a multi faceted rate for me, so I'll break them down accordingly. All in all, it's a nice hotel and for the price, if you're looking for a good clean, no frills room while you visit the area, you can't really go wrong. I'm very picky with accommodations which is why I only gave them a 3 ..... Here's my reasoning.

Service: These guys definitely get a solid 4 for service. Everyone was friendly, helpful, and professional.

Cleanliness: Cleanliness also ranked high. I'll say 4. The only thing that pulled that point would be the facts that the elevators were a little crusty and the floors could have enjoyed a nice visit with Sir Hoover of Vacuumton. Even with that said, it wasn't bad at all.

Rooms: I was a little bummed out that the rooms had no mini fridge or no microwave. I mean c'mon. Lulu's Loveshack in Shuckamuck Tennessee has a mini fridge for Pete sake. A Marriott in Alexandria VA should be able to hold par with Lulu. 3 for the room.

Shower: I'm a shower guy. Showers to me are as much about relaxing after a long day as they are about cleanliness. Cowboys and Knights would probably beat me senseless, but hey ... I'm a happy product of modern society so the stinky ghosts of Billy the Kid and Sir Lancelot can just deal with it! The shower in our room at least just plain sucked. The stream was weak and the temperature wavered between turning me into the Heat Miser and the Snow Miser all within a few minutes ..... This shower gets a 2.

Dining: Dining also fella little short. The breakfast buffet was very nice and reasonable, but if you choose to stay in house for dinner be forewarned. It is quite pricy. It's good but pricey. maybe it's me just being picky but no bar with a cafe style eatery forces me to give this just a 3.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ddissent
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

ddissent – Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate your opinion and feedback. I am happy to read that the service and cleanliness were solid performers for you, I will be happy to share this with the perspective staff members. Regarding your comments for the refrigerator and microwave; we will certainly review our current position with these items and see if it is something we can work into the rooms other than as a special request. I will most certainly address your comments regarding shower pressure, temperature and Dining observations with my staff. Thank you again for such a detailed review, feedback such as this is how we will get better and present a better product for our guests.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed 5 nights, comfortable rooms and very quiet. The staff was extremely helpful with directions,
suggestions, getting cabs for us or the shuttle, no complaints. Must say thanks to Keith, he was great!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendy L
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Wendy L – Thank you for a great review of your recent stay. I love the heading of “excellent customer service”. I will share your comments with the entire team at our upcoming staff meeting. We hope that we can have you stay with us again next time your travels bring you to the DC area.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Room was good sized and comfortable. The heat was a little difficult to keep regulated. Although the room was a good size the bathroom was small. The door had to be closed to get into the shower. TV stations were few and the quality on some channels was poor. Probably the thing I liked the least was the background noise. The hotel is just off I 395 and Seminary Road. The sound of traffic never stopped all night.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brackjr
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Brackjr – Thank you for such an informative and helpful review. I greatly appreciate your feedback and we will look into the observations you pointed out. Your observations will help us identify areas we can improve upon and help us create a better guests experience. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences and we hope to see you again soon if your travels bring you to the DC area.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in oct 25 thru October and we received very good service at the hotel specifically from Stephanie and Zach. They were always there for anything we needed and really made a difference in our stay. Thank you and congratulations to these two employees who sure deserve to be noticed.
Aline AYMES

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Aline A
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Aline A - Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that Stephanie and Zach had such an impact on your stay. I will be happy to share your comments with them. We hope to see you again soon for your next trip to the DC area.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were attending a burial at Arlington and found this Inn to suit all of our needs. This is a very clean facility with a welcoming staff. The parking garage is adjacent to the property and is well lit.
The Pub and Pub menu were well suited to a later evening family and friends casual gathering. All staff were efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank James D
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Denise D – Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am happy to read that we were able to accommodate you and your family during your visit. I will share your comments about the Pub with the food and beverage staff, I am sure they will be pleased to hear how positively they impacted your stay. I hope that we can have you with us again for a pleasure trip to the DC area.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel staff, the service, and the overall experience were excellent.

The hotel was such a good ambiance, perfect for our birthday bash that hosted close to 125 guests. The food was great, the hotel staff--special mention to Betsy and Esteban and his team, were all so friendly, all smiles, so professional while providing excellent service. The table settings in the ballroom, including the layout, were all awesome and elegant. The way the buffet tables and the food-setup outside of the ballroom were designed so exquisitely beautiful.

The experience was so remarkably marvelous. My daughter, the debutant, will not forget this wonderful event for her entire lifetime…that Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South and the staff have been a special part of.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LolitaLoyola

LolotaLoyola – Wow, thank you for so many kind words from your recent visit to the hotel. I will happily share your comments with Betsy and Esteban and the rest of the food and beverage staff that were a part of your event. I am glad that they were able to create such a memorable event for you, your daughter and all attendees.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The lobby of the hotel was elegant and the check in process was easy. Our room was clean and I felt like I could walk around in my socks (which I usually don't in hotels). The bed was comfortable and the linens fresh and white. The room was a good size with room for a couch and coffee table. The bathroom was a little small, but it was clean and looked fairly new. The breakfast buffet was pretty big and the eating area was nicely decorated. The hotel was only about 5 minutes from Pentagon City mall. We caught the Metro there and went to the see the Wizard's game. The exercise room has 5 cardio machines, a weight workout machine for legs and arms and a bench where you can use free weights,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1Jaybee1
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

1Jaybee1 – Thank you for your wonderful review. I proudly share your comments about your room with our housekeeping staff tomorrow morning during the department meeting. I am very happy to hear that the restaurant, fitness center and shuttle were able to meet your needs during your stay. We certainly hope you consider us on your next trip to the DC area.