New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Room was good sized and comfortable. The heat was a little difficult to keep regulated. Although the room was a good size the bathroom was small. The door had to be closed to get into the shower. TV stations were few and the quality on some channels was poor. Probably the thing I liked the least was the background noise. The hotel is just off I 395 and Seminary Road. The sound of traffic never stopped all night.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brackjr
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Brackjr – Thank you for such an informative and helpful review. I greatly appreciate your feedback and we will look into the observations you pointed out. Your observations will help us identify areas we can improve upon and help us create a better guests experience. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences and we hope to see you again soon if your travels bring you to the DC area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in oct 25 thru October and we received very good service at the hotel specifically from Stephanie and Zach. They were always there for anything we needed and really made a difference in our stay. Thank you and congratulations to these two employees who sure deserve to be noticed.
Aline AYMES

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Aline A
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Aline A - Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that Stephanie and Zach had such an impact on your stay. I will be happy to share your comments with them. We hope to see you again soon for your next trip to the DC area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were attending a burial at Arlington and found this Inn to suit all of our needs. This is a very clean facility with a welcoming staff. The parking garage is adjacent to the property and is well lit.
The Pub and Pub menu were well suited to a later evening family and friends casual gathering. All staff were efficient and friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Denise D
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Denise D – Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am happy to read that we were able to accommodate you and your family during your visit. I will share your comments about the Pub with the food and beverage staff, I am sure they will be pleased to hear how positively they impacted your stay. I hope that we can have you with us again for a pleasure trip to the DC area.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel staff, the service, and the overall experience were excellent.

The hotel was such a good ambiance, perfect for our birthday bash that hosted close to 125 guests. The food was great, the hotel staff--special mention to Betsy and Esteban and his team, were all so friendly, all smiles, so professional while providing excellent service. The table settings in the ballroom, including the layout, were all awesome and elegant. The way the buffet tables and the food-setup outside of the ballroom were designed so exquisitely beautiful.

The experience was so remarkably marvelous. My daughter, the debutant, will not forget this wonderful event for her entire lifetime…that Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South and the staff have been a special part of.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LolitaLoyola
LolotaLoyola – Wow, thank you for so many kind words from your recent visit to the hotel. I will happily share your comments with Betsy and Esteban and the rest of the food and beverage staff that were a part of your event. I am glad that they were able to create such a memorable event for you, your daughter and all attendees.
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

The lobby of the hotel was elegant and the check in process was easy. Our room was clean and I felt like I could walk around in my socks (which I usually don't in hotels). The bed was comfortable and the linens fresh and white. The room was a good size with room for a couch and coffee table. The bathroom was a little small, but it was clean and looked fairly new. The breakfast buffet was pretty big and the eating area was nicely decorated. The hotel was only about 5 minutes from Pentagon City mall. We caught the Metro there and went to the see the Wizard's game. The exercise room has 5 cardio machines, a weight workout machine for legs and arms and a bench where you can use free weights,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 1Jaybee1
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
1Jaybee1 – Thank you for your wonderful review. I proudly share your comments about your room with our housekeeping staff tomorrow morning during the department meeting. I am very happy to hear that the restaurant, fitness center and shuttle were able to meet your needs during your stay. We certainly hope you consider us on your next trip to the DC area.
Gibbsboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

stayed here in November to see dc and surrounding area. Great hotel clean comfortable. They have a shuttle that takes you to the metro at Pentagon City. You might think this isn't convenient but its not bad we only had to wait 10 min most of the time to be picked up or dropped off never more then 15. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dennis g – Thank you for such a great review of your recent stay. I am pleased that our shuttle was able to accommodate you during your stay. I will happily share your comments regarding the staff during our monthly staff meeting. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the DC area.
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I travel to this part of the state on a regular basis but the hotel I normally stay at was full. I selected this hotel by chance and ended up having a wonderful time. After a long day of driving, my family was greeted by welcoming staff. The front staff person was a sight for sore eyes after an eight hour drive. She greeted us with a friendly face and attitude. Beza made the check in process a speedy one and directed us to a local restaurant that was not only delicious but very warm and inviting. The second day of our visit, another staff member offered us shuttle service to local attractions and events happening in the area that weekend. After this warm experience, I will definitely make this the hotel my family stays at when we return to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
TinaBMo723 – Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay. I am pleased to read that we will be your hotel of choice in the DC area. I am happy that Beza and other front desk staff members were friendly and warm. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. We look forward to seeing on your next trip to the area.