Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South
$105
Kimpton
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$105
Hilton.com
$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$100
$89
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$97
ComfortInn
$119
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$136
$96
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$111
$98
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$80
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

All reviewsfront deskacross the streetdc areashuttle serviceparking garagebreakfast and dinnerdrug storegeneral managerthe hotel staffi highly recommend this hotelcrystal cityindoor poolmark centerthe entire stafffree shuttlefitness centermetro station
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hotel was excellent all the way around. My fiancee and I fell in love with our room the moment we stepped foot in our room. Hotel staff are very friendly and has helped us feel right home the moment we checked in. Staff also set us up with a room on the 11th floor on the even side of the hotel to give us a great view of Downtown Washington, DC. Shuttle service was also excellent. Breakfast was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Rooms are cleaned to the detail. You will get a lot of value for your money. Location of the hotel is a great place. If you want peace and quiet when resting at night, Pentagon South is the place to be. The beds there are soft like you are laying on a pillow.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephan J
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you and your fiancé with us during your trip to DC. I will happily share your comments about your room, shuttle service and breakfast with the appropriate staff. They will be pleased to hear how positively they impacted your stay. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed for a night at the hotel and it was quite exciting experience from the staffs and their hospitality. The room Was super clean and the service was excellent. Definitely I recommend while you visit Virginia...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am pleased to see that you found your room clean and the staff welcoming. We hope to see you again soon and hopefully for a longer visit.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was arriving at Dulles at 2 a.m so I needed a hotel for the night and I booked here without knowing. this was my first experience with courtyards but I expected something similar to marriott brand hotels and this one inferior brand is obvious even when I paid something around 150 bucks for the night. it doesn't have room service or a lounge and the hotel looks low quality. still, the beds were very good so you'll get a very nice sleep and the shower was very very too which surprised me a little. oh and the staff was also very kind.
Personally, I think that if you get a price inferior to a 100 bucks it may be a good value as a place to sleep but if you are looking for a nice hotel experience you may have to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations and I will be sure to review our services and see what adjustments we can make to accommodate our guests. Thank you for your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the guest experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here the last week in June, 2013 for a family trip to DC and were surprised to find such a great hotel for a reasonable price. It is close to 395, which brings you right into DC if you are using your car and they have a shuttle which brings you to the Metro for easy access to DC. We took advantage of both.
The staff is very attentive, friendly and courteous. We were treated very well by everyone. They answered all of our questions and made excellent suggestions about local restaurants in Alexandria.
The buffet breakfast at the hotel is well worth it. The rooms were large, clean, with all you would expect from a Marriott hotel. Anything requested was provided immediately, from extra towels to teabags.
We would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the DC area who don't want to spend the high DC hotel rates.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you during your trip to the DC area. I am especially please to read that my staff was “very attentive, friendly and courteous”. This is what will keep creating such positive experiences for our guests and I am happy they did this for you.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We traveled to the Washington area on a somewhat impulse trip and wanted Alexandria because we had friends there that we were going to meet. We had stayed in a Courtyard in Tyson's Corner and had a very good experience and decided to try the same brand again. They did not disappoint.

From first to last, we had incredibly helpful staffers. The restaurant staff eyed our child and decided he must be young enough for the free breakfast buffet without asking. The dinner waitstaff one night found where my husband had managed to leave his wallet and promptly delivered it to the front desk, remembering our room number so they could call and let us know. The bartender one night was kind enough to not show impatience when my husband and I were lingering over a drink and lost track of how close it was to closing time. The shuttle drivers were always very courteous, even when having to deal with a difficult situation (their large van had been rear-ended and they were having to make do with an SUV that only seated six passengers, which meant having to make extra trips during heavy use). The lifeguard would step over and reboot the hot tub when it ran out of time for working the jets. Everywhere we had very helpful people.

The hotel itself had every amenity we would want. The pool was a full-size pool and we only wished that it were open all day in the summer and not just in the evenings. The hot tub was bliss after a long day of trekking in the city. The restaurant breakfast buffet was satisfying and the one dinner we had was good with quite impressive serving sizes. We opted for a suite and were quite pleasantly surprised at just how much room we had for the three of us. We made heavy use of the shuttle service, very happy not to have to pull out our car again until we were checking out.

The next time we are in the area, we would certainly consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The suites are worth it if you have the number of people to justify it: very spacious rooms and bathroom!
1  Thank avidbeader

Thank you for such a wonderful review and for your loyalty to Courtyard. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your trip to the DC area and I am happy to know that you stayed with us for your visit. I will happily share your comments with the staff you identified from our Bistro, pool and shuttle service. They will be pleased to receive the recognition. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.