“Couple Retreat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Westover, West Virginia
“Couple Retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hotel was excellent all the way around. My fiancee and I fell in love with our room the moment we stepped foot in our room. Hotel staff are very friendly and has helped us feel right home the moment we checked in. Staff also set us up with a room on the 11th floor on the even side of the hotel to give us a great view of Downtown Washington, DC. Shuttle service was also excellent. Breakfast was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Rooms are cleaned to the detail. You will get a lot of value for your money. Location of the hotel is a great place. If you want peace and quiet when resting at night, Pentagon South is the place to be. The beds there are soft like you are laying on a pillow.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephan J
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you and your fiancé with us during your trip to DC. I will happily share your comments about your room, shuttle service and breakfast with the appropriate staff. They will be pleased to hear how positively they impacted your stay. We hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed for a night at the hotel and it was quite exciting experience from the staffs and their hospitality. The room Was super clean and the service was excellent. Definitely I recommend while you visit Virginia...

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am pleased to see that you found your room clean and the staff welcoming. We hope to see you again soon and hopefully for a longer visit.
Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was arriving at Dulles at 2 a.m so I needed a hotel for the night and I booked here without knowing. this was my first experience with courtyards but I expected something similar to marriott brand hotels and this one inferior brand is obvious even when I paid something around 150 bucks for the night. it doesn't have room service or a lounge and the hotel looks low quality. still, the beds were very good so you'll get a very nice sleep and the shower was very very too which surprised me a little. oh and the staff was also very kind.
Personally, I think that if you get a price inferior to a 100 bucks it may be a good value as a place to sleep but if you are looking for a nice hotel experience you may have to look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations and I will be sure to review our services and see what adjustments we can make to accommodate our guests. Thank you for your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the guest experience.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here the last week in June, 2013 for a family trip to DC and were surprised to find such a great hotel for a reasonable price. It is close to 395, which brings you right into DC if you are using your car and they have a shuttle which brings you to the Metro for easy access to DC. We took advantage of both.
The staff is very attentive, friendly and courteous. We were treated very well by everyone. They answered all of our questions and made excellent suggestions about local restaurants in Alexandria.
The buffet breakfast at the hotel is well worth it. The rooms were large, clean, with all you would expect from a Marriott hotel. Anything requested was provided immediately, from extra towels to teabags.
We would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the DC area who don't want to spend the high DC hotel rates.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you during your trip to the DC area. I am especially please to read that my staff was “very attentive, friendly and courteous”. This is what will keep creating such positive experiences for our guests and I am happy they did this for you.
Durham, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We traveled to the Washington area on a somewhat impulse trip and wanted Alexandria because we had friends there that we were going to meet. We had stayed in a Courtyard in Tyson's Corner and had a very good experience and decided to try the same brand again. They did not disappoint.

From first to last, we had incredibly helpful staffers. The restaurant staff eyed our child and decided he must be young enough for the free breakfast buffet without asking. The dinner waitstaff one night found where my husband had managed to leave his wallet and promptly delivered it to the front desk, remembering our room number so they could call and let us know. The bartender one night was kind enough to not show impatience when my husband and I were lingering over a drink and lost track of how close it was to closing time. The shuttle drivers were always very courteous, even when having to deal with a difficult situation (their large van had been rear-ended and they were having to make do with an SUV that only seated six passengers, which meant having to make extra trips during heavy use). The lifeguard would step over and reboot the hot tub when it ran out of time for working the jets. Everywhere we had very helpful people.

The hotel itself had every amenity we would want. The pool was a full-size pool and we only wished that it were open all day in the summer and not just in the evenings. The hot tub was bliss after a long day of trekking in the city. The restaurant breakfast buffet was satisfying and the one dinner we had was good with quite impressive serving sizes. We opted for a suite and were quite pleasantly surprised at just how much room we had for the three of us. We made heavy use of the shuttle service, very happy not to have to pull out our car again until we were checking out.

The next time we are in the area, we would certainly consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The suites are worth it if you have the number of people to justify it: very spacious rooms and bath...
1 Thank avidbeader
Thank you for such a wonderful review and for your loyalty to Courtyard. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your trip to the DC area and I am happy to know that you stayed with us for your visit. I will happily share your comments with the staff you identified from our Bistro, pool and shuttle service. They will be pleased to receive the recognition. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We needed a hotel close to the airport (DCA) for an early flight. Reasonable price for the location. Rooms clean, neat. What you'd expect from a marriott property. However: (1) TV didn't work properly (2) pool ONLY open 5-10 pm when lifeguard on duty and (3) only 1 shuttle in operation when we traveled so the wait was over 30 minutes and the drive another 20. (During rush hour). Shuttle also does not start until 6 am so we ended up taking a taxi to make the early flight ($20). Hotel arranged the taxi and on time. Bistro offers light fare. CVS, 7-11, gas station & Quiznos across the street (walk) a plus.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your honest feedback regarding our pool hours and the shuttle service. I will certainly look into ways we can accommodate all our guests with these services. I also want to apologize for your television not working; this should have been rectified prior to you arriving to the room. I will make sure we use this as training with our staff. Thank you again for your feedback.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our 20th anniversary, visit favorite haunts, and renew our wedding vows. The staff at this hotel, especially Beza and Nichole, treated us like royalty. This property is convenient to Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, Pentagon City, Crystal City, and Washington, D.C. We had a great room and enjoyed great service. We commend it highly to anyone visiting this area. I can't recall when we last enjoyed a property as much as we did this one.

Room Tip: From north-facing rooms you can see the national capitol and the Washington, Monument.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for such a positive review. Congratulations on 20years!!! We were honored to have you for such a momentous occasion. I will happily share your comments with Beza and Nicole and I am pleased to hear that they made such an impact on your during your visit. We hope to see you again soon.