“Great service and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Alexandria
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Great service and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We just returned from our trip to Washington DC and are very thankful to the staff of the Courtyard, they are fantastic!, the shuttle service to and from the metro station is very convinient and the drivers are very friendly. On our last day of stay they delivered our luggage right at the airport which saved us a lot hassle and allowed us to enjoy the national mall a bit longer!! Thanks!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay in your review. I am pleased to hear that the shuttle service was a benefit for you. I will be sure to share your comments with all the drivers. I know you had many choices to stay in the area and we were happy to have you with us. I hope we will see you again for your next trip to the Nations Captial.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I booked a mixed adult/student group tour at this property for 3 days for a visit to Washington DC and was very happy with the service, the rooms and quality of the hotel.

Check-in for the 30 people was quick and efficient, and room blocking-- all within the same area, was done professionally.
The daily buffet breakfast that was served was tasty, hot and plentiful, although with a limited amount of space I felt that the banquest manager must have been working particularly hard to co-ordinate several grups during the mornng period.

I'd definitely stay again- either for personal travel, or should I have another group inthe area.

• 5 of 5 stars
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. I am happy to hear that your check-in experience was quick and efficient; the front desk staff will love to hear about this. I will also share your comments with our food and beverage staff as well as the banquet staff. It was a pleasure to have you and your group stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Clarksville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

While staying at the hotel during a four day training exercise the hotel stay was excellent. The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. We had no problems with check-in or checking-out. I would recommend a stay at this hotel. Thanks. Johnny

• 5 of 5 stars
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I will be happy to share your comments with the entire staff. It was a pleasure having you and your team with us during your training session. It was an honor to have you with us and we look forward to hosting your event again next year.
Cape Charles, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a great stay. The staff worked really hard to make sure we were confortable and had everything we needed. The shuttle service was top notch . The coffee was very good, The beds are confortable and the rooms were always clean.Well worth the stay. Thanks for everything.
Rob L. Norfolk , Va

• 5 of 5 stars
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for a great review. I will never get tired of hearing that the staff worked hard to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. I will happily to share your comments with the shuttle drivers, food and beverage staff and our housekeeping staff. Thank you again for sharing your experiences and we hope to have you with us again soon.
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a wedding reception for 72 on April 6th, 2013. Betsy Starr, the sales manager, was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was always available to meet with and thought of several things we did not. She helped us every step of the planning phase and was sure to be there the day of to make sure things ran smooth (I'm pretty sure she did that on her own). Sevar the head chef for the hotel not only catered the event but made the wedding cake as well. The food was excellent, especially the chicken and potatoes. We did a tasting a few weeks before and the food tasted exactly the same at the reception. The cake tasted great but was not a high end fancy looking cake, it was not exactly like the picture we provided. It was delicious though! The waitstaff during the reception was very friendly and accommodating. They all worked very well with the family that was helping decorate the room. I would absolutely do business with them again. We had a block of discounted rooms at the hotel which everyone loved. The hotel was great especially since most of the younger crowd spent a lot of time at the hotel bar and was probably more energetic then they are used to. Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend that you use them for events, be sure you use Betsy Starr!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. I will happily share your comments with Betsy, Sevar, banquet staff and the Bistro Staff. I hope that we will be able to have you or some of your family with us again.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Thanks to all the hotel employees ,they were very helpful and accomodating . While staying here for our yearly training conference they really went the extra mile to meet our needs.I would highly recommend a stay here. Thanks again.

1 Thank Mike C
Thank you for a wonderful review. It is great to hear the feedback of the staff going the extra mile! It was our pleaure to have you during your training and we look forward to having you again next year.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. don't come here! The room was below average- mold along the tub caulk, leaking toilet and sink faucet, sheets were stained. I had to ask for a fridge. apparently the only have them on a few floors. I had to call to have the tv fixed because the cable was out. the last night when i got into bed the sheets were put on the wrong way-had to remake the bed to keep the bottom sheet in place. The staff hadn't cleaned up the coffee maker so there wasn't coffee the next morning. And the hotel is noisy since it is right on the highway.

The manager said he would fix the problems and I think tried. But overall this was a bad experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. I want to assure you that these experiences are not up to our standards of service and I deeply regret that this affected your stay in a negative way. I have addressed the concerns in your room personally to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your review and I hope we will have a chance to serve you better in the future.