“Great stay, great hospitality”

Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #30 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have had many opportunities to stay at this hotel. Each experience has been wonderful.
Rooms are clean, very comfortable beds,quiet rooms, and great parking. Staff is very courteous and friendly. Shuttle drivers are very helpful and always on time.

"Mrs. Z."

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for a great review of our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I will be sure to share your remarks with our staff and specifically the housekeeping staff and the shuttle drivers. They will be happy to hear that their hard work is noticed by our guests. We hope to have you with us again very soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. Every time the experience has been great. The front desk staff go out of their way to accommodate your preferences and make sure that you are satisfied with your stay. The hotel is quiet, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and parking is abundant and secure, not to mention the convience of the location and the amenities. This hotel is truly a home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your wonderful review and for your loyalty to our hotel. We are happy to hear that you feel that we are your home away from home. I will make sure to share your comments with the staff so they hear your kind remarks. We hope to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I wanted to extend my thanks to your wonderful team at the Marriott Pentagon South.

We had a family gathering last week for my father’s burial at Arlington National Cemetery and we all appreciated the fine hospitality extended to our family.Even the shuttle driver went out of his way to get us to the Metro and to a restaurant one evening for a family dinner. Your lobby area was ideal for us all to be together since we came from all over the country for this event . One of our group had an issue with a noisy air conditioner and you quickly moved them to a new room.

Thanks again for a home away from home for all of us last week .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We enjoyed having you and your family with us during your trip to the DC area. I will be sure to share this with the shuttle drivers so they can see the positive impact they had with you during your stay. We hope to have you with us again in the future should your travels bring you back this way in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have had three different opportunities to stay with these folks so far, but there will be more! Each experience has been terrific! Clean, comfortable rooms, great service attitudes from all the staff we encountered ... I like them so much, I will be bringing my family to stay with them this summer when we take my daughter to DC as part of her high school graduation trip !

Bob L

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your loyalty with Courtyard and for sharing your positive experiences about your stay. I will certainly post this review for all of our staff to see. They will be happy to see their hard work paying off with such a wonderful review. We look forward to having you and your family with us this summer.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was a very nice stay. The hotel was clean. The staff was very nice. In fact the front desk called up a couple minutes after I got in to the room to make sure everything was ok, which I have never had before. The breakfast was good and they do a good job securing the parking at night. The only one thing that kept me from giving this a 5 overall was we got there around 2:30 in the afternoon on Friday after a day of driving and visiting Arlington Cemetery and were looking forward to jumping in the pool and hot tub before we headed out again. When we checked in we found out the pool does not open on Friday until 5 p.m. I was pretty dissappointed when I heard this since the pool was one of the main reasons we picked that hotel, and we also had to end up moving our dinner reservations up earlier in the evening so that we would have time to come back and swim before the pool closed then. I did not like that at all. At least on Friday the pool should be open earlier. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cfuska
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. We were happy to have you stay with us during your visit to the DC area. We will be sure to share your comments with our front desk, security and food and beverage staff . They will be happy to read such positive comments. Thank you for your feedback regarding the pool hours. We will review our hours of operation (deleted ‘to’) during the weekend days to accommodate our guests. This is great feedback that will only help us create a more positive guest experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have you with us again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Pentagon this week for the first time. As other reviews have stated, the staff is very attentive and friendly. General Manager (Keith) was very actively involved ensuring that guests were well taken care of.

I had actually made a mistake and booked this hotel using a lower rate that was non-refundable. As I got closer to my stay, I had to change my plans and cancel one of the nights. I called the front desk and explained my dilemma and they credited my room for the night I needed to cancel without a fuss!!

Would revisit anytime!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for your review.
It was a pleasure having you with us for your trip to the DC area. We were happy to accommodate you with your changing travel plans and I will be sure to pass along your comments to the front desk staff. We hope that your business travels bring you back to us again very soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My stay was wonderful!
The staff so friendly and efficient,
The room was extremely clean and very comfortable.
It will be my pleasure to recommend your excellent property to everyone thinking of staying in the DC area.I myself look forward to returning in May. I Would also like to thank Ms. Freweini for her outstanding service she was so helpful and professional.

Thank you again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review, it’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I’m also delighted to know that you’d refer your friends and colleagues to us. That’s a great compliment and one that I’m sure our staff will be happy to hear. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in May!