“Great hotel, amazing staff”

Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #30 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is only exceeded by the amazing staff! I was in the DC area for a friend wedding with a group of my friends. The check-in was smooth and professional. The rooms were clean and the bathroom spotless (this is also true of the other rooms that my friends stayed in). We tried the breakfast - compliment of the great staff! - the next morning .. great selection, fresh, and plentiful.

I will definetely stay there again and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Be friendly and you shall be rewarded!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

On behalf of the enitre staff at the Courtyard Pentagon South, we want to thank you for such a woderful review. I know our staff does whatever it stays to provide all guest with a home away from home.

It is nice to see that our efforts do not go un noticed and we will continue to work hard to make all our guest want to come back. I hope we see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was at this hotel for a business trip, and I am very pleased with the premises. My husband and I had stayed at this same hotel three years ago when we came to DC for vacation. The lobby has been redone during the interim and it looks great. Very modern. The staff were exceptionally attentive and courteous. When I missed the shuttle, the manager himself drove me to the Metro! Despite my being a slob, the housekeeping staff did a very good job keeping my room clean. Breakfast was good, although I don't eat very much. The only complaint I have is the A/C is quite noisy when the fan is going. Overall, this is a lovely hotel to stay in when traveling to the DC area.

Room Tip: I had a room away from the elevator so it was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Patricia R

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We thank you for staying with the Courtyard Pentagon South and I am glad to see your stay was excellent. Our stafff prides ourselves on having the best guest service in the area and the nice review that you wrote about our hotel makes it all worth the training and time to find the right staff.

I hope we see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I would've given this hotel a 5 because:

1. Wonderfully designed and renovated lobby and dining area.
2. Nice and attentive front desk staff....except for one young lady. I wish I'd gotten her name but I didn't. Beza however was helpful as was a tall gentleman with a rather interesting accent. He reminds me a bit of Howdy Doody.
3. Decent hot breakfast.

Anyway I had to go with a 4 rating because of the fact that they cut corners on the hotel renovation. The casual eye won't see it but the corners are literally the problem. You can see some of the wallpaper corners that were rushed through in attempting to cover the old wallpaper job. Also saw some rust in the bathroom. Not rampant but still...

Also there was some weird stain on the sitting chair in the room.

Paper thin walls. We had to be moved from our first room. There was a family next door with an upset small child.

Extremely SMALL elevators!

• Stayed: September 2012
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

First I want to thank you for serving our country weather it is now or in the past. We get all kinds of guest that come to the hotel, but there is a special place in our heart for all the military that work hard to protect our country.

I am glad to see you stay was enjoyable and the staff was accomadating from Beza to the tall guy with the Howdy Doody accent was as well :). We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We traveled to Washington with Friends from Nottingham, England. Stayed at tthis Courtyard prior to touring Washington. Well located, easy to get onto I - 395. Very clean, well designed. Got a great night's sleep. The next day I discoved my cellphone was missing while I was in Washington. Called the hotel. They found it! Dropped it in the lobby. They held it, got back to the hotel and collected the phone. That was really helpful! The staff is friendly and upbeat.

Two minor negatives. Internet speed on lobby computers was very slow midday. Tried at 5:00 AM before going to the gym. It was fine. Fan on the room's climate control system was audible throughout the night. Washington is known for summer humidity. If you want to be cool, I assume this comes with the territory.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with the Courtyard Pentagon South. I am glad to see that we met and exceeded your expectations. Our caring guest service team from the Front Desk to the Bistro enjoy meeting, talking and making guest happy.

I feel our team has all the attributes needed to have a successful hotel and your comments confirm that for me. I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

OMG....this place is nice and conveniently located off of 395 (I would take Quaker Lane or Seminary road exit instead of Landmark exit.) I was surprised by how lovely the interior of this hotel is. It is updated and clean. It is across from a small strip mall with a good CVS and a grocery. This is a perfect location for DC...395 N to the GW Parkway exit will put you on the Memorial Bridge or Roslyn Key if you are going into Georgetown. I need to be in DC/Alexandria 8 times a year. Normally I stay in Old Town but the King Street traffic is a killer. I like this hotel as much as the Westin as far as the rooms. The beds are super comfortable and the linens are wonderful. It has an excellent workout room and a pool that is scheduled for renovation although it is fine in my opinion.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I am happy to see that you enjoyed the renovations that the hotel has done over the last year. We renovated the lobby and fitness room 1 year ago and the hotel rooms earlier this year.

We have very high standards and expectation for all of our employees and they certainly deliver by keeping this hotel looking new at all times. I hope we can see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our check-in went very well. Staff was very helpful. Yes I would stay again. Ms. Wagner and I was in touch prior to our stay and was very helpful as well. I asked my friends and family how was their stay? I had not received one complaint.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amelia W
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and when you have another function in this area, we hope you will choose the Courtyard Pentagon South.
It is nice to see from Marina who set the group up to the entire operations staff that your stay was very enjoyable and these are the kind of reviews that keeps us wanting to work hard to improve day after day.
We look forward to seeing you next time that you visit the area as a group or just yourself.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

One of the best hotels stays I have had in a while. I brought my wife with me to combine business with a little leisure and it just so happened to be my birthday on august 20th. Our stay was great. The condition of the hotel both inside and out was immaculant. The hotel staff was supurb. Thank you for making our stay a memorable one. We will definitely stay here again when in the DC area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. I am glad to see that your stay was great and I hope we can see you again in the near future. It makes a big difference when we see a survey like yours and get to share it with the entire staff.
Our goal is to make you feel as if you were home and make sure you get the best value and service for a good price. I feel good that we achieved this goal. Thank you again for staying with the Courtyard Pentagon South.