“Perfect for business travelers, meetings, events and DC vacation”

Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed May 24, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel 5 minutes from DC that is clean, new and tasty this is the one! This hotel recently completed a complete interior renovation. The lobby, rooms and meeting spaces are sharp and modern. Earlier this month the hotel put on a Cinco de Mayo celebration for it guest, the food and drink was simply fabulous I did not want to leave! The large ball room is perfect for parties or business meetings. The staff is what I call "easy going friendly" always helpful and smooth.
I highly recommend this Marriott.

1  Thank TheGrtSwan
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Thank you, for the nice response and glad to see you enjoyed your time at this property. We hope to see you again in the near future. The time you take out of your day to give such a kind review is thanked by all the staff at this hotel.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Booked a King Room, and when I arrived (just before midnight) I found that they had put me in an accessible room. I called the desk and was told they could move me the next day, but they didn't have any other rooms available.
The shower head was hand held and did not fit into the holder (had to hand hold), the light over the shower was out. These were never addressed.
I chose this hotel after calling them to ask about the shuttle to the Metro. I used the shuttle the first day, when I arrived at the station (Pentagon City) I called and was told they would be there in 15-20 minutes. After 50 minutes I called back and was told they were on their way...an hour and 10 minutes later they arrived. There were a few other issues but I won't elaborate.

Room Tip: There are no restaurants or shops within walking distance...you'll need a car or taxi.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

I understand your frustration and apologize for the shuttle concerns. Our hotel is known for great guest relations and most of the guests are very happy with their stay. At times we fail to meet the expectations of a guest and I am sorry it happened during your stay.
Next time you are in the area please let me know, we would love to have you back.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

As a Platinum Marriott guest that frequently stays at properties throughout the US the Pentagon City South Courtyard has become a great reliable go-to with outstanding staff and attention to detail. I've been staying at the hotel since January 2012 on business and while the hotel is very straightforward and newly renovated the staff make up for any missing glitz and glamour you may come to expect at smaller suburban properties. Michael Hellmann and Angela Carrick Calloway go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need for your current stay or futures one's and have been great in setting up conference rooms for our company when we host meetings. The Bistro staff always remembers your name and what your favorite breakfast items are...and Michael Gale is great at getting you reservations locked in and even the best rates sometimes. All in all I highly recommend this property if you're just looking for a good hotel in the DC area and plan to travel into DC itself as Old Town Alexandria has lots to offer as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for writing such a nice review about our property. We are honored to have you as a frequent traveler to the area. As a Marriott Rewards member and all the hotels you travel too, I am happy to see that your stays at our hotel are always good and the staff which we carefully select, is always gracious and hospitable.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed at the hotel 9 days and nights and enjoyed every minute. The staff headed by the manager Mr. Moses was polite, helpful and did their outmost the make our stay as pleasant as possible. I recommend the hotel with all my heart.

Room Tip: Select a high floor which is quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to see we gave you a home away from home. Our staff number 1 goal is to exceed your expectations and we did. We all look forward to seeing you return again in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We would like to share our appreciation to the Courtyard Staff led by Keith the Manager of the hotel.
As an experienced traveler i have to admit that i have never been to such a great familiar hotel.
We felt like at home. The service is more than excellent and Keith the manager took care of us as if we were his family.
Whenever we needed to go to the they gave us the Shuttle of the hotel even if we wanted to go shopping in some other places.
The atmosphere is warm and the stuff really loved us.
The internet connection is perfect, the hotel is located few min way from Pentagon city and even the food was great.
That's will be our hotel forever!
Thanks Keith and your great stuff
Michelle Eder

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and great
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2012

Thank you for the kind review and I am glad to see your stay was above and beyond what you expected. Our staff is committed to providing the best guest service in the area and I take pride in knowing that we accomplished that with you.

Next time your in the states and travel to D.C, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night during a short stay in Alexandria. Hotel is nice and bed was very comfortable. Bar downstairs is open until 10 p.m. There is also a pool on the first level which I didn't use. Parking is $14 which is pretty high to me. Across the street is a CVS, Quiznos, and 7 eleven. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. The ease of the shopping center across the street is a nice plus for our hotel and next time you are in the area, please come see us again. We will all be wating here to serve you.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Great hotel to stay -- facilities are good but the service is great.

The commitment to service starts with general manager Keith Moses and filters down through the employees.

The hotel provides a shuttle to the Pentagon South metro station which is very helpful.

Staff is also very knowledgable about local restaurants and attractions and helped arrange reservations.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Larry W

It was a pleasure meeting each and every one of you. I know you traveled a long way to see us and I am glad we provided you with a experience that you will not forget. Next time you are in the D.C area please come see us again.