Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Alexandria
Seattle
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Wow is a great word when talking about this hotel. The rooms are great and you will get a great night sleep in their wonderful beds! The location is excellent! The staff will do anything and everything to make sure you have a fantastic stay! They have a pool that is huge and the water is perfect temperature for a great swim!

Room Tip: The food is great and the staff that makes the food are great! The shuttle drivers know everything a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking time out of your busy day to write such a positive review about our hotel. It is a priveledge to have been able to make such a good impression on you that you as a busy guest would take the time out to write about us.

All I can say is WOW and thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
powell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

The staff was good and helpful. We were always greeted with "Welcome Home" and the Bistro Staff really tried their best to be helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review or hotel. Alexandria Pentagon South from all the employees to myself are happy to see that your stay was GREAT. We like to make every guest feel at home when they stay with us and everytime we hear of a guest stay that was exceptional, then as a hotel it makes us feel good that we were able to provide top notch service.
On behalf of everyone employee at the hotel, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We had a GREAT time staying here! The customer service was above and beyond. Smiling, friendly, helpful, professional front desk staff. The hotel shuttle was very accomodating to hotel, metro etc. The drivers were personal, professional and informative of the area. The Bistro was OUTSTANDING! My family ate there each morning, and we had dinner there as well. Everything we had was excellent! Would highly recommend... and the atmosphere in the Bistro was inviting as well! Housekeeping was always there when we needed, willing to help and accomodate. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub area. Location was good too... it was nice to have a pharmacy and grocery across the street for quick unexpected needs. The state of the art technology in the lobby as far as mapping of the area, weather etc. was especially nice to view each morning, the lobby seating area was professional, comfortable and welcoming to both the business and leisure traveler. The GM took time to personally speak with us for a few minutes to ensure our needs were met and to recommend sites. WE LOOK FORWARD TO A FUTURE STAY, AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO BUSINESS AND LEISURE TRAVELERS ALIKE! Thank you to the wonderful staff for making our stay memorable! :)

Room Tip: Rooms recently renovated - cant go wrong. We were in a King Suite, so it fit well with my family, al...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us, I am glad to hear that your stay was exceptional and the staff was outstanding. Our goal is for guest to be completely satisfied and knowing that we met and exceeded the goal with you is a great feeling.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Cortland, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I've been traveling and staying in different hotels since I was a kid, and this was by far one of the worst. You walk in thinking it will be a great stay because of the nice lobby and bar, but that's a joke. The outlets in the lobby don't work, so don't bother trying to charge your phone while you wait 20 minutes to get your room key. I hop you like steam because the vents in the bathrooms don't work. The stairs are scary, because there isn't a mirror mounted on the wall so you can see who or what is around the corner. I did not feel safe using those at all. When it comes to the staff, they were rude and inconsiderate. I was yelled at twice in two days over the same issue from different people. If they had posted signs telling me I could not take my food from one room to another., Say something when you see me doing it or put up a sign.instead of confronting me while i'm in the middle of conversation and start reprimanding me, demanding to see my "coupon" for the food. I'm with a group, the group leader has it, not all of us were given one, but it was part of the money I paid your hotel. On top of everything, my first night, there was a blood stain on my blanket. Obviously they don't change the sheets

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank camicon
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at our property. I understand how it can be upsetting when a group you are traveling with does not inform you about their arrangements for breakfast. Our staff is committee to quality service and building geniune guest relationship that will last for a long time. In the future we will do a better job in making sure groups that check into our hotel notify the members of their group about breakfast arrangements.
Cortland, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Hotel was very good, very nice staff and amenities. Our bathroom had some small ants on the floor, other than that it was fine. Would have liked a mini fridge. Great otherwise!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you for your kind reviews and I appreciate your buisness. I am glad that everything went well in the hotel and your stay was enjoyable. Our staff strives to satisfly every guest and provide the guest experience that you deserve when traveling to a Marriott. Hope we see you again in the future.
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I travel constantly for my business so I really appreciate a hotel that understands the business traveler. Everyone is friendly and so helpful. They always have a smile on their face and they truly will do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms were all recently renovated and they are roomy and comfortable. The lobby and restaurant are amazing. This hotel really helps me enjoy staying in a hotel. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad to see your stay was enjoyable. We put a lot of effort into training in all aspects of the hotel and your feedback is in valuable. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I travel a lot for work, so when I find a hotel that is comfortable, convenient and where the staff is friendly, it's great. This hotel has turned out to be just that. The staff is very welcoming and accomodating and the renovated rooms are very nice. My fiance' and I have enjoyed all of our stays here and appreciate the personal service we have received, from the front desk to management.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard Pentagon South. I am glad that your stay exceeded expectations. If you are ever back in this area, I look forward seeing you again at the Courtyard.