Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskacross the streetdc areashuttle serviceparking garagebreakfast and dinnerdrug storegeneral managerthe hotel staffi highly recommend this hotelcrystal cityfitness roomthe entire staffeasy accessfree shuttlefitness centermetro station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Hotel was very good, very nice staff and amenities. Our bathroom had some small ants on the floor, other than that it was fine. Would have liked a mini fridge. Great otherwise!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for your kind reviews and I appreciate your buisness. I am glad that everything went well in the hotel and your stay was enjoyable. Our staff strives to satisfly every guest and provide the guest experience that you deserve when traveling to a Marriott. Hope we see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I travel constantly for my business so I really appreciate a hotel that understands the business traveler. Everyone is friendly and so helpful. They always have a smile on their face and they truly will do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms were all recently renovated and they are roomy and comfortable. The lobby and restaurant are amazing. This hotel really helps me enjoy staying in a hotel. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad to see your stay was enjoyable. We put a lot of effort into training in all aspects of the hotel and your feedback is in valuable. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I travel a lot for work, so when I find a hotel that is comfortable, convenient and where the staff is friendly, it's great. This hotel has turned out to be just that. The staff is very welcoming and accomodating and the renovated rooms are very nice. My fiance' and I have enjoyed all of our stays here and appreciate the personal service we have received, from the front desk to management.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard Pentagon South. I am glad that your stay exceeded expectations. If you are ever back in this area, I look forward seeing you again at the Courtyard.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Excellent staff, service & stay in Sept. 2011 for National Book Festival, followed by day in Old Town Alexandria. Really beautiful rooms.

We arrived early for our reservation, but were allowed to park the car in the valet garage and take the complimentary shuttle to the Metro. Incredibly convenient and easy way to get in and out of the city. Shuttle runs regularly or you can call from Metro stop and ask for the driver to pick you up.

The road to the hotel was a bunch of confusing ramps into the neighborhood. GPS got confused and we weren't familiar with the area. In retrospect, should have called the front desk for explicit directions.

Shopping center across the street with a grocery store, Old Town 15 minute drive away. A good, affordable option. Would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Mary C

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure to provide you with a stay that you will remember in a positive light. When you are back in town, Courtyard Pentagon South looks forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

I'm so glad I chose to stay here! I came out to the area to visit family and enjoy D.C. I didn't know much about Alexandria but it is such a charming town.

I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by such a warm and friendly staff. I came at a busy time and the guy at check in (think his name was Jihoon) was working very hard but still took the time to make me feel welcome, I could tell he really cares about the guests.

The hotel looks new but found out it was recently renovated and it looked great! I don't know about you but when I found out what hotels cost in that area I really wanted some bang for my buck and I was very happy with how clean and fresh everything was. Also, the bistro is cute and the service was excellent. My room was exactly what I expected from a Marriott, everything was nice and clean and just the right size.

Every morning I came down and Michael the manager greeted me by name, with a very warm and friendly smile! He always asked how I was doing and if there was anything he could do for me. I also took note of a few of the exceptional staff members such as Taa, Manna and Jihoon.

I had such a wonderful trip and received the most genuine and caring service. I will definitely be back. Highly recommend staying there!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Rachael A
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Myself and the rest of the staff at the Courtyard Pentagon South appreciate and thank you for such a kind review and detailed review of our property. I am glad you had a great stay and I personally look forward to seeing you again in the near future.