“Nice place”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria
Ranked #26 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

The price was just right. It was clean and the staff was very helpful. We only ran into one issue when the power went out our last morning. The hotel staff was very helpful and offered free coffee. It is located about eight blocks from King Street.

Stayed: October 2013
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear JaneenG
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We glad that we were conveniently located to your travel plans in the area. We're happy we could accommodate during the unforeseen power outage in the area. We try to make even the unexpected not so uncomfortable for our guest. We are glad you chose us, and we look forward to serving you on your return.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was here for Week with our National Sales Conference.

Nice place, good facilities & good food.

Internet service here is not good (it's slow at best) and costs $10/day. This needs to be upgraded to be a great place for meetings.

• Stayed: October 2013
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Dave K,

We appreciate your comments, your positive recognition of our services and your valuable feedback on our hotel. It is our utmost pleasure to serve you. It is our goal to provide our guest a great overall experience. We apologize that you were not pleased with the WiFi service. We have recently made changes with our WiFi provider to improve the speed and connectability for our guest. We are glad you chose us, and we look forward to serving you on your return.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

There are free shuttles every half an hour to the Reagan airport, and hourly 2-10pm to King St (where the food choices are). We ate at the Gastro pub in the hotel last night. Very very nice, but slow to receive food. Staff at desk of hotel not very friendly. Rooms quite nice.

• Stayed: October 2013
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear MrsCoulson-555,

Thanks for the observations and the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It's great to hear that you liked our room accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior. However, I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in a few areas. Please accept our sincerest apologies that our guest representatives appeared to be unfriendly. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG for your travel needs.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here during our visit to Mount Vernon. We really enjoyed our visit. The room was comfortable and very clean. I was even "dared" by my boyfriend to wipe the top of the pictures in the room and I didn't find a speck of dust! Great job Housekeeping! The room was spacious, bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. Check-in was smooth and both front desk agents were pleasant and friendly. The room overlooked tennis courts, a playground and a dog park. Seemed kindof ironic since I was missing my two little dogs at home. So we walked down to the dog park and talked to the friendly people down there. The TV worked well and it seemed like it had a lot of choices. Parking was $20 and we didn't mind since this was a weekend mini-vacation for us. Internet for the room I think was $9.95 and although I had my Kindle with me, I really didn't need internet. I could of checked email downstairs for free on my Kindle or I could of used one of the two complimentary computers in the lobby area. We had a very good experience and it was perfect for our trip. Thank you staff at Crowne Plaza! This was a special birthday trip for my boyfriend and he loved your hotel! See you again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Worry FreePhilly,

We appreciate your comments. We take pride in your positive recognition of our staff, feedback on our services and hotel. It is our utmost pleasure to serve you. It is our goal to provide our guest a great overall experience. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and anticipating your return to serve you. So try not to make it too long before you return again.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was supposed to be near everything and I thought it would be a good deal since hotels in Washington were expensive on that particular weekend. It was a real downer after coming from a Westin, the room looked shabby in comparison! I was disappointed in the room and hotel in general and really just wanted to leave. I was annoyed that there was no safe in the room and was really glad I was only there one night. I was amazed that the star rating was 3 and a half.....1 at best. Not going to be a return guest for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Karen_SB6344FF,

Thanks for the observations and the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your comments are vital in helping us to continue to assert improvements where it is necessary. We apologize that you were not pleased with your experience with us. Our primary goal is that all of our guest experience with us is to be an exceptional one. We apologize that we were unable to accomplish that goal for you. If in the future you are needing to store your valuables, we offer safety deposit boxes no charge at the front desk. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel is a little dated, but it's convenient to DC and in a lovely area just on the outskirts of the Old Town area. Not a bad walk though. Plenty of shopping and good dining close by. Easy drive into the DC area and to Mt Vernon. Great area to walk along the water with parks close by and a very safe feel to it.
Probably wouldn't rate it very high if I was paying premium rates but at the vacation rate I booked, I'm very pleased.
I came here with kids and they enjoyed it. Would stay here again. Was worried that the air traffic into Reagan was a problem but was pleasantly surprising that we didn't notice it, except to watch the planes go by as they went to land.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Frank L,

Thank you for the great comments and review of your recent stay with us. It is our utmost pleasure to have served you. It is our goal to provide our guest with a great overall experience. We're happy that we were conveniently located to your travel plans in the area. We look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was my first stay here and I was pleasantly surprised. The service and accommodations were great and there was a complimentary aromatherapy kit in the room that was a really nice touch. I attended a meeting in the hotel and the conference room was well appointed and convenient and the lunch they served was wonderful! The location is several blocks away from the shopping/dining area on King St. but it was a pleasant walk. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ml1031,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel. We are happy that you were please with your accommodations and service. It is our goal that each guest would have a great overall experience while staying with us. We are glad you chose us, and we look forward to serving you on your return.