$106
$83
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$104
$93
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$150
$140
Kimpton
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$149
$143
Autograph
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$98
$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$124
$116
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$111
$98
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$125
$122
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$157
$129
  • Room Service
Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$101
$80
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

All reviewspotomac riverking streetold towngastro pubextra perksreagan airportfree shuttlebraddock roadfront desk staffseveral blockshotel shuttleblock walkshuttle servicehotel restaurantrestaurants and shopsdc areametro station
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Crown Plaza is a good hotel. It is far from Old Town, it is a long walk or you need transportation. The complimentary shuttle to King Street/Old Town is convenient, but starts at 2:00 PM, so you have to plan your morning accordingly. They also have free airport shuttle.
They have fees for parking, WIFI, no breakfast included with the rate. Some of the staff are very nice and professional.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
J M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

The Crowne Plaza is not located directly on King Street, it is eight blocks north in a quiet section of Old Town just steps from the Potomac River. When you stay with us again, If the shuttle is not available at your desired time, our guest service agents will be more than happy find a solution to your transportation needs. Also, as an alternative option, the hotel now offers complimentary bicycles for our guests. Thank you again for choosing the Crowne Plaza.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The joys of staying in a major city: parking fees, wifi fees, risky street parking and the list goes on. The hotel was nice, and we got a really nice deal. It was a quick one night stay. I didn't like all the fees. Some things should be complimentary. We took our chances and parked on the street. Thankfully, no parking ticket.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

I am sorry you experienced an issue with our fees. If you book with us directly, we offer a variety of package which are inclusive of fees and offer amenities such as breakfast, parking, internet and even bonus rewards points. Please see our website for additional package options.

Thank you again for choosing the Crowne Plaza

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Crown Plaza is a decent hotel in Old Town. I appreciated the free airport shuttle. My business meeting was a block a way so that made for a convenient location. However, I arrived later in the evening and had a difficulty time finding a place to eat nearby past 10 pm. A nearby Japanese restaurant was recommended to me by the desk. It was delicious and I was able to get take out before they closed, but I later discovered their was an in house bar on the second floor that was open. I wish the desk staff had alerted me to this when I asked for a place to eat nearby that was open.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I booked a small group at this property and we were pleased overall. If you get a package that includes breakfast, it's a great value. Cooked to order waffles, omlettes and also a nice selection of fresh fruit, blintzes, eggs, sausage, bacon and other options are on the buffet. The room was really huge and the beg was quite comfortable. I didn't hear any of my neighbors so the soundproofing must have been quite good. As others have said, this hotel is a great choice if you want to avoid the high DC costs. Their shuttle takes you to DC National airport where you can pick up the Metro into the District. Old Town Alexandria is about 10 block away and again the hotel will shuttle you down if you prefer.
My only complaint was that one day my room key malfunctioned 8 times....everyone else was taking the 30 minute break to relax and regroup while I was taking the elevator up and down and up and down. The next day it happened 4 times with no apologies. I was so upset that I asked the two desk clerks why no apololgy or concern. They replied "the batteries must be bad on the door unit". I'm thinking well fix it! The Sales Manager overheard me and she apologized and offered me additional bonus points in their frequent guest program. That was very sweet of her but still I wish they would just fix the problem. I heard several other folks experiencing the same problem. Such a shame that something so easily fixable could put such a damper on my stay.
Great facilities but needs some TLC from the Engineering Department!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the notes about the oversize guest rooms and our chef will love to hear your comments on our breakfast buffet.

I am very sorry you had difficulty with our key system. We recently installed brand new locks on every door in the hotel. Due to the unfamiliarity of the system, we may not have been able to fix your problem as fast as we should have. That is not the level of service we strive to provide here at the Crowne Plaza. I am very sorry. I can assure you if you choose the Crowne Plaza again, we will do everything in our power to make sure you have a great experience.

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I don't expect hotels to be able to control the weather, but if a catastrophe strikes I expect them to make a bit more of an effort than Crowne Plaza Old Town did.

We had one great night at the hotel - the night we arrived. The next night the power went out and that was it for the weekend - it took 36 hours for the power to get put back on, and in the middle of a heatwave that was utterly unbearable (and slightly unbelieveable, but what would I know about fixing such things?!).

I can't help feeling that if we hadn't been part of a large group that they'd have made more of an effort to rehouse us in nearby hotels - but they had a captive audience as we were there for a conference. The conference had to be held in corridors and the foyer, because there was no light in the meeting rooms. And our formal dinner had to be re-located to EXTERIOR patio of the sister hotel (Holiday Inn) nearby - such a shame the fabulous food had to be absolutely ruined by 100 degree heat.

Throughout the power cut there was essential power: one lift was working, as were the corridor lights and door locks. But no lights in the rooms, incuding in the bathrooms, which have no windows. No A/C, and of course the windows don't open. No hot water was a pain, but at least we had flushing toilets. And throughout the power cut, no effort was made to alleviate our plight: fans in the rooms, chilled water, and torches wouldn't have gone amiss. The very basic free buffet didn't really cut it as a "sorry".

When I checked out I was made to feel like a real nincompoop for asking for a discount on our room - which I felt was the very, very least they could do. On the very bright side, we were all safe and no-one was hurt - lives were lost durign the storm that knocked out the power, so I know I shouldn't complain...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank e_halmac

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

I am sorry your experience at the Crowne Plaza during the historic Derechos storm in July. Unfortunately, the loss of power was completely beyond our control. The emergency lights and one elevator were working on our backup generator. The hotel was very fortunate to have their power restored in 36 hours, as some people had to wait more than a week for power to return to their homes and offices.

The circumstances of your visit were certainly not ideal and I regret you were unable to enjoy the fine service and accommodations the Crowne Plaza can provide. Thank you again for choosing the Crowne and we hope to see you again soon.